Quarterly Reports and Weekly Attendance

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
garystroble

Re: Quarterly Reports and Weekly Attendance

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:41 pm
garystroble wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:54 am Regrettably one has to almost reverse engineer how the quarterly report is being calculated to determine the above for 2nd hour. I agree that clear and concise communications and explanations have not been forthcoming.
Agreed. I was checking to see if you'd done the reverse engineering to determine if the whole quarter was counted or just the last month. In the absence of clear instructions, that's what it comes down to.
I have and it is the entire quarter.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garystroble wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:36 pm
I have and it is the entire quarter.
Thanks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I've looked at the numbers and the result is that the only number averaged over the entire quarter is sacrament meeting attendance. The other attendance numbers in the quarterly report, while not an average, is individual attendance. In other words if an individual attended at least one meeting during the quarter for the quarterly report line item, then they are counted once for that line item. This is unlike in past quarterly reports where attendance for classes and quorums were only the last month of the quarter attendance. For example if the number of Relief Society Sisters on line item 16 is 80 then 80 sisters attended at least one meeting in the quarter. The meetings for the sisters is either RS, Sunday School, Young Women, or Primary.

Note that because of the look-back feature in the Class and Quorum Attendance report there will now be, in 2023, individuals in a particular class/quorum roster report that were not in the class/quorum in the 2022 report. If you are checking the numbers in 2023 you will have to mentally, or by some other method, remove those who where not on the attendance rolls in 2022. This is obvious for primary children moving from Primary in 2022 into the Aaronic priesthood or young women in 2023. This also applies for unit move-ins since 1 January.

Also note that the class and quorum attendance numbers are based on member records in your unit on the last day of the quarter. Move-outs during the quarter do not count and move-ins do count. What you will lose by looking at the attendance numbers now, in 2023, are those that counted for 2022 that moved out since 1 January.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Reports and Forms”