Certificate & Language

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
allenjpl

Certificate & Language

Post by allenjpl »

I've noticed that sometimes dates populate in the wrong language, but having a certificate in a different language was a new one for me. We have 2 baby blessings today, and the certificates both showed up in Spanish. The global language setting for our unit was correct, as was my local display language. Here's how I fixed it:

The original printable link contains a language identifier:

lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/records/certificates/child-blessing/certificate-print?lang=eng&id=lotsofnumbers

That should mean that the certificate should display and print in eng (English). It doesn't. But if you go in and change it to an invalid language code, it defaults back to English. If you enter lang=x (an invalid language designation), so that it appears like this:
lcr.churchofjesuschrist.org/records/certificates/child-blessing/certificate-print?lang=x&id=lotsofnumbers

It pulls it up in English.

You must have a language designation present, or else it automatically inserts "lang=eng" which for some reason, gave me Spanish today. But as long as the code is invalid, it will display in English.
dave.wallis

Re: Certificate & Language

Post by dave.wallis »

That worked for me! Thank you for figuring this out.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”