Renaming a ward (or branch)

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
ffrsqpilot

Renaming a ward (or branch)

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Our stake is in the middle of creating a new unit..... have already done the geocoding, extracting numbers, filling out the "Ward or Branch Organization Application" and currently working on creating new boundary maps (which is a whole other issue best left for another thread).... So the question

As our town grew it went from one ward, to two wards, to three wards, and then three wards and a branch. We are now creating a fourth ward. When the third ward was created it was named after a geographic location. Likewise the new Spanish branch was also named after a geographic location. The new unit will also be named after a geographic location. The Stake President would like to rename the two wards (one of which is Town First Ward, and the other Town Second Ward) to also be named after specific geographic locations.

We see on the "Ward of Branch Organization Application" form that it can be used for five different actions, the last of which is to change the name of a ward or branch. Our question is can you combine the form to create the new unit with renaming the two old wards? If so, where do you add that information if you have already answered the questions on the back of the form to describe the creation of the new ward? Or is it necessary to complete a whole new Application just for the renaming of the two units and if so, how much information needs to go on the front side where all the number data resides?

Anyone gone through this that might have some insight! Thanks in advance.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Yes you can rename the two old wards on the same form, and I don't think you need any numbers for the renames, but I'll check with someone who knows for sure and report back.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

JonesRK wrote:Yes you can rename the two old wards on the same form, and I don't think you need any numbers for the renames, but I'll check with someone who knows for sure and report back.
Here is the info I got back
Just have them list the unit number once with the current name and then the new name and the justification for the new name. They can also do this via a memorandum included with the materials as long as the stake president signs it.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Thank you for the help and clarification. We will just add a short letter with the justification for the renaming and attach it to the original application and send them along together with the maps.
nasirumohammed

Re: Renaming a ward (or branch)

Post by nasirumohammed »

I need the form
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Renaming a ward (or branch)

Post by jonesrk »

The form is available in LCR. The handbook 36.1 has the link to the correct place in LCR

Return to “Reports and Forms”