IROP $25 Shipping Charge?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jgoggan

IROP $25 Shipping Charge?

Post by jgoggan »

I just noticed that we had a new Distribution Center Charge pending for the Bishop's review. I checked the IROP and it is for "New Testament 2023 IC Primary". Looks like Primary manuals. As far as I can tell, we did not order these -- maybe they were auto-shipped like some other curriculum manuals. (I still need to double-check with another clerk to see if maybe he ordered them.) The thing that seems weird to me is that it is for 6 of them at $3.25 each. So $19.50 total. Then there is a $25 shipping charge. It does not appear to be express or anything (although it doesn't actually tell me anywhere).

Our budget here in middle-Michigan isn't that big to begin with. $25 for shipping 6 manuals seems a bit odd to me. Usually it is like $3. Am I missing something? Anyone else have a similar charge for manuals lately?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: IROP $25 Shipping Charge?

Post by jdlessley »

Shipping for six manuals for 1-3 day delivery is $25. To have that selected requires an intentional change in the shipping method.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: IROP $25 Shipping Charge?

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to call up the store and see who ordered them. It's possible that other leaders in the ward, in this case Primary Presidency, can order and charge to the ward. If that's what happened, you know who's budget to recategorize it to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”