High Council Order

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: High Council Order

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:01 pm By tradition, many stake presidents still seat their high councilors that way. In my opinion there is no reason to do so. I never knew a stake president to ask them to sit alphabetically. In our stake they were told to sit wherever they wished, and that it did not matter if they changed places from time to time, since we knew all of their names.
In one of my stakes with where all the wards had the same prefix, just with a different number at the end, the stake presidency had them sit in ward numerical order. This made it easier to keep track of anything that needed to be brought up for each ward without needing to consult the list of which high council member was assigned to which ward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: High Council Order

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:20 pm In one of my stakes with where all the wards had the same prefix, just with a different number at the end, the stake presidency had them sit in ward numerical order. This made it easier to keep track of anything that needed to be brought up for each ward without needing to consult the list of which high council member was assigned to which ward.
That's too practical. :D

Sounds like a great idea. For those who don't have "numbers", perhaps alphabetical by assigned ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”