Contact Settings- Mobile Phone Number

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kellymab

Contact Settings- Mobile Phone Number

Post by kellymab »

Its been a few months since I last logged onto my LDS Account settings page. When I logged in tonight to check how the email settings look, I noticed that the mobile phone number box mentions text messaging. Is there an option in the new ward LCR version to send mass text messages like the institute version has? Or is this connected to LDS tools and the option to send text messages to contacts in there. We would love to have a church based text system versus our workaround (phone numbers are given with permission from members).

FYI, my stake switched to the new LCR 3.0 this past week at some point, if that makes a difference.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Contact Settings- Mobile Phone Number

Post by jonesrk »

One thing that it can be used for is for account recovery.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It can also be used as a security feature. I was told it would be added to accessing the admin functions of this forum - logging in would cause a text message to be sent. The code had to be entered to continue. Proving that not only does the person logging in have the ID/Password, but the cell phone registered to that person.

However, I've not seen it in broad usage. But with donations and presumably donation history moving on-line, that might change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:It can also be used as a security feature. I was told it would be added to accessing the admin functions of this forum - logging in would cause a text message to be sent. The code had to be entered to continue. Proving that not only does the person logging in have the ID/Password, but the cell phone registered to that person.

However, I've not seen it in broad usage. But with donations and presumably donation history moving on-line, that might change.
Some employees are currently using that feature now.
filimoeulievo

Post by filimoeulievo »

help?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

filimoeulievo wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:39 pmhelp?
Until you tell us what you need help with, we are at a loss as to what the issue is.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”