Syncing Calendar to Apple

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
fbsbrett

Syncing Calendar to Apple

Post by fbsbrett »

Before the recent Calendar update in November 2022 I could sync the Calendar to my Apple. There is no longer a sync function shown on the Church Calendar. Will this function be returning? Will we be able to once again sync the Calendar to our Apple devices?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Syncing Calendar to Apple

Post by russellhltn »

It's expected to return, but there's no timeline. At this point, I'd say it's probably months, not weeks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

A workaround on iOS or Android is to view the calendar in the Member Tools app (but it's not as convenient as syncing it to your regular calendar).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
siebertm

Post by siebertm »

Please bring this feature back. It made life life a lot easier to have all stake and ward events synced to my apple calendar. I really miss this feature and for sure am not the only one.

Thank you for considering it!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I'd point you to the main pinned thread in the Calendar forum which relates to the requests in your post:
Calendar 4.0 released
My main takeaways are that (a) the Church is aware of this, (b) Church IT doesn't frequent this Forum so requesting changes here isn't likely to get results, (c) many Church IT employees also have local callings requiring Calendar functionality that's missing and are accordingly motivated to get this fixed, and (d) there's no timeline for restoring missing functionality
abshiregabrielle

Post by abshiregabrielle »

fbsbrett a écrit:
> Before the recent Calendar update in November 2022 I could sync the
> Calendar to my Apple. There is no longer a sync function shown on the
> Church Calendar. Will this function be returning? Will we be able to once
> again sync the Calendar to our Apple devices?
Nobody knows when it will be back, but it's expected. My best guess is that it will be months, not weeks, at this time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sync has been back for several months.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Note, that whole-day events don't sync properly.

Return to “Calendar”