How to delete a second account checking account for tithing donations?

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: How to delete a second account checking account for tithing donations?

Post by lajackson »

sadie1 wrote:How do I delete a second checking account for tithing donations?
At online Donations, select Settings and scroll down to Donation Accounts. Click the trash can at the top right of the account you wish to remove.
GordonEsplin

Post by GordonEsplin »

Did not work for me. I followed all steps, but upon clicking the trash can I received an error message that the account was in use in a pending donation. Not true. That account does not even exist. Has not been used for months.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Normally if there are any pending transactions the account cannot be deleted. But in this case there may be another reason that is preventing it from being deleted. Talk to your ward clerk and ask him to get you the Global Service Department (GSD) telephone number. When you call them make sure you have your MRN and the account information (institution name, routing number, account number) available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wachphil

Post by wachphil »

I talked to my ward clerk, and then with the GSD number I reached a gentleman who listened to my story, took the MRN and the "dead" account number I wanted removed. However, I still receive your error message and can't use the trash can to delete that account number. Help center too general. This was yesterday, so I'll give y'all a couple more days to fix this for me. Please.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wachphil wrote:I talked to my ward clerk, and then with the GSD number I reached a gentleman who listened to my story, took the MRN and the "dead" account number I wanted removed. However, I still receive your error message and can't use the trash can to delete that account number. Help center too general. This was yesterday, so I'll give y'all a couple more days to fix this for me. Please.
There's no one here who can do that. You'll need to call GSD back.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Make sure the account you are trying to remove is not the default account. If it is then change the default account to another account before trying to delete it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jacquelinejoyceminer

Post by jacquelinejoyceminer »

Dear Sir or Madam,

RE online church donation changes of banks and account numbers and changes of routing numbers ...please make the following changes to my online account

The old or previous Bank acc number was [removed] and the previous/old routing number was this routing old number (not to be ever used again is) [more personal information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jacquelinejoyceminer wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:08 pm RE online church donation changes of banks and account numbers and changes of routing numbers ...please make the following changes to my online account

The old or previous Bank acc number was [removed] and the previous/old routing number was this routing old number (not to be ever used again is) [more personal information removed]
You can add your new account yourself. Once you do so, you can removed the old one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sylmarzehnter

Post by sylmarzehnter »

lajackson wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:52 pm
sadie1 wrote:How do I delete a second checking account for tithing donations?
At online Donations, select Settings and scroll down to Donation Accounts. Click the trash can at the top right of the account you wish to remove.
Thank you! This worked for me.

Return to “Online Donations”