Child Account Deletion

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rwayne85

Child Account Deletion

Post by rwayne85 »

Was attempting to log in for FSY sign up and was instructed to delete my sons account from my childrens account list. Once this was done I am now unable to create a new account for him or re sign in to his old account. I attached the instructions below. How do I get back in to his account to proceed with signup?

[Moderator note: Attachment deleted because it contained a username. This is a public forum.]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Child Account Deletion

Post by russellhltn »

I'd start by going to whoever told you to delete the account. That strikes me as a strange instruction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rwayne85

Post by rwayne85 »

I attached the instructions. Apparently the bishopric had not actually approved all of the youth yet in the ward.
Attachments
fsy log in.png
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Based on those instructions, the only reason to delete an account is because the youth has and is using an account that is not showing on the parent's account. That would indicate the youth's preferred account doesn't have their membership.

After deleting the account that has their membership, they go back in and add the MRN to their preferred account.

There shouldn't be a need to create an account unless the instructions were not followed correctly.

If the youth is still having problems logging back in, I'd suggest asking the clerk for the number for Global Service Desk to see if they can recover the original account. Otherwise, the child has lost anything they had saved to that account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”