Gospel Living web app or desktop app and potential for non-member access

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
faithy

Re: Gospel Living web app or desktop app and potential for non-member access

Post by faithy »

For those of us who are less tech savvy, can you go through the steps on how to get the app on macOS and a windows desktop? That would be super helpful for all the above reasons!
jcase16

Post by jcase16 »

Yeah, this is why we almost always use groupme at the moment or even worse, Facebook. It needs to be accessible from a computer. It needs to be accessible by those who are not members of the church of jesus christ of latter-day saints. Please add a web app.
Richardportwood

Post by Richardportwood »

Add my vote and voice for web-based access 👍; otherwise it is ineffective.
sadiekj

Post by sadiekj »

I cannot figure out how to run this on a windows computer. I'm a little frustrated that it's not in the app store when Windows is so widely used for desktop computers. Can you post a step by step for how to do this?

Thanks
ssheahan

Post by ssheahan »

There have been questions about adding this to Windows and Mac OS.
I downloaded Blue Stacks (a popular Android emulator) and then installed the gospel living app.
The emulator emulates the Android phone operating system on your local computer.

It is a little more setup but it works. See the screenshot below. Also I vote they make this a Web App. It is almost essential it be a web app for the youth without phones but have access to a family computer.

ssheahan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:34 pm You can download the app to Chromebooks through the Google Play Store.

Also can add the ios App to MacOS.

Also you can use an Android Emulator or add the Android App to the WSL for Windows 11.

All good options to get this on computers.

See the attached photo for the chromebook access.

We are starting to use this in our ward.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-25 202805.jpg
bradbur2

Post by bradbur2 »

App still isn't on MacOS, FYI. Would love to have it for all the reasons mentioned above.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Would love to have it for all the reasons mentioned above.
I noticed this hasn't been addressed on this specific thread, so wanted to make sure posters to the thread are aware that the Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user (aka member-to-member) self-help and discussion. So any feedback or enhancement requests made in the Forum, are very unlikely to reach anyone inside the Church's development teams that is in a position to take action on those requests. There are a few Forum members who have insights (sometimes they're just really good guessers) about certain aspects of Church tech, but nobody here has any idea about Church development timelines or priorities.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bradbur2 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:09 pm App still isn't on MacOS, FYI. Would love to have it for all the reasons mentioned above.
Gospel Living is available via the Mac App Store on newer Macs with Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc.). It's not available on Intel-based Macs, unfortunately.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:54 pm Gospel Living is available via the Mac App Store on newer Macs with Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc.). It's not available on Intel-based Macs, unfortunately.
Is this by running the Android app, or is GL now coming to desktop OS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:51 pm
sbradshaw wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:54 pm Gospel Living is available via the Mac App Store on newer Macs with Apple Silicon (M1, M2, etc.). It's not available on Intel-based Macs, unfortunately.
Is this by running the Android app, or is GL now coming to desktop OS?
All newer Macs (i.e. Macs with Apple Silicon chips) can run iOS apps:
https://support.apple.com/guide/app-store/iphone-ipad-apps-mac-apple-silicon-fird2c7092da/mac
The user experience isn't necessarily optimized for Mac – i.e. it looks like an iPhone or iPad app in a window – but no emulator is required.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Living App”