Using Buildings (Chapel) for Personal Use - Process

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mc3dcom

Using Buildings (Chapel) for Personal Use - Process

Post by mc3dcom »

If I wish to use my chapel to play basketball with my friends (males, members, and nonmembers, adults, and minors), Tuesday mornings (6:00-8:00 AM), weekly, and I have a key to enter the building, what is the process?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Using Buildings (Chapel) for Personal Use - Process

Post by russellhltn »

Discuss with your bishop. Be aware of General Handbook 35.5.2.3
Other uses of Church property that are not allowed include:

Holding organized athletic practices or other events that are not sponsored by the Church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rjsandoval85

Post by rjsandoval85 »

It is possible to use the chapel to celebrate a 15 years birthday?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rjsandoval85 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:32 pm It is possible to use the chapel to celebrate a 15 years birthday?
Probably not the chapel. The cultural hall, primary, or relief society rooms would be more appropriate, especially if food is involved.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rjsandoval85 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:32 pm It is possible to use the chapel to celebrate a 15 years birthday?
That's a question you need to direct to your bishop. Different areas may have different policies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “General Discussions”