Creating a New Class for YSA on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
manielsen2002

Creating a New Class for YSA on LCR

Post by manielsen2002 »

How do you create a new Class (YSA Sundya School) under YSA Organization in new LCR 3.0. In MLS you could do this but I don't see how to do this in LCR.

Also, as a Stake Clerk it is really hard to help the clerks with training on new LCR as there are many items that I don't have access to, is it possible to to have a Ward Clerk sandbox that I can login to so I can see what they see?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Creating a New Class for YSA on LCR

Post by scgallafent »

You wouldn't create a new YSA Sunday School class in the YSA organization; you would create it in the Sunday School organization. If you're pulling the young single adults out of Gospel Doctrine, you would split the Gospel Doctrine class to create the new class.

There isn't a sandbox that allows stake clerks to act like ward clerks. The simplest solution is probably to sit down with one of your ward clerks and spend some time going through the system with him.
manielsen2002

Post by manielsen2002 »

Makes sense, thanks!

It would be very nice however if the sandbox idea was possible, the training could be a lot more effective.
bluefish

Post by bluefish »

manielsen2002 wrote: Also, as a Stake Clerk it is really hard to help the clerks with training on new LCR as there are many items that I don't have access to, is it possible to to have a Ward Clerk sandbox that I can login to so I can see what they see?
I second what manielsen2002 said. Yes, sitting next to someone for training is great, if you are nearby and know what you are doing to begin with. Some of my Ward Clerks are more than an hour away. I've used a training instance of MLS with great success to see what they would see, figure out the answer to their questions, and reply with screen-shots. No driving required!

So, here I am tonight, searching the forum hoping to find an answer that could be easily answered with a training instance that would allow me to login and poke around as if I were a ward clerk (technically trying to help a branch clerk this time, but you get the idea), or a Bishop, or RS President, or whoever. They all come to me with questions about LCR - but I don't know what THEY see when logged in according to their calling / role.

I vote for a training instance of LCR - a sandbox!!
shankar

Post by shankar »

scgallafent wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:15 am You wouldn't create a new YSA Sunday School class in the YSA organization; you would create it in the Sunday School organization. If you're pulling the young single adults out of Gospel Doctrine, you would split the Gospel Doctrine class to create the new class.

There isn't a sandbox that allows stake clerks to act like ward clerks. The simplest solution is probably to sit down with one of your ward clerks and spend some time going through the system with him.
Thank you. This technique still works in 2023.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”