Deleted LDS Member Tools app and now it won’t let me log in or do anything

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Deleted LDS Member Tools app and now it won’t let me log in or do anything

Post by russellhltn »

Out of curiosity, is your password at least 12 characters?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alan.cochran

Post by alan.cochran »

I have the same issue. I uninstalled the app because many time the Sync doesn't update the data. Usually, uninstalling and reinstalling will then let it sync.
Right now, the app opens, but it doesn't ask me to log in. I can click to log out, but nothing happens.
Unfortunately, the app seems to be very buggy lately.
Member Tools version 4.7.1 (7968)
iPhone 12 OS 16.2 and 16.3
mishka801

Post by mishka801 »

Same issue on iphone 12 pro. The auto switch is grayed out for me, so I can't remove the message each time I get in the app. So I deleted and redownloaded it. Nothing works now.
Last edited by mishka801 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesmel85

Post by wesmel85 »

I found what worked for me . I went to my I phone Settings , then to General and then turned on the background app refresh for WiFi and then Lds tools app worked again. I had a similar issues just last week . Whenever I opened the app it had a warning that my background app refresh was off . I didn’t know what that meant and I thought if I deleted the app it would go away , however that only made things worse. The app would download again but it was like empty and I was still logged in . Even logging out didn’t solve it because it wouldn’t bring up a place to login for my username and password. I ended up solving this by turning on background app refresh in my phone settings and it corrected my problem. Hope this helps .
chelseanicoledurfee

Post by chelseanicoledurfee »

I've also been having this same issue for the past couple weeks. I couldn't get the app to update internally so I deleted the app and reinstalled it, which has worked great in the past. But this time when I reinstalled it the app is appearing essentially blank, like the original poster's screenshots shows. No prompt to input account login info, and when I click to Sign Out, nothing changes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled probably 15 times now over the past couple weeks, on various days at various times, and not experiencing any change. It's on iOS 16, so I don't know if that is part of the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Some time ago, some people on the Android app discovered that their passwords needed to be 12 characters or longer. Once they changed the password to match it worked fine.

I'm wondering if the same limitation has come to iOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chelseanicoledurfee

Post by chelseanicoledurfee »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:01 pm Some time ago, some people on the Android app discovered that their passwords needed to be 12 characters or longer. Once they changed the password to match it worked fine.

I'm wondering if the same limitation has come to iOS.
My password is already longer than 12 characters, with no unusual symbols in it. So I don't think that's the issue. I'm not even given the prompt to sign in at all.
ssmith7

Post by ssmith7 »

So I tried what wesmel85 said and it worked for me! Turn on the background app refresh and it let me login back in to the app. It is working like normal now. Hope that helps some of you!
Nkmortensen

Post by Nkmortensen »

Thanks wemel85! Background refresh is important for tools ;) ...works like a charm now!
nanas11

Post by nanas11 »

I’m having the same problem. I deleted it and reinstalled as I have done in the past but now everything is blank and doesn’t ask me for a password or anything. I’m an RS Pres, this is a problem. 😅 Now I wish I hadn’t deleted it.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”