Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
casper684

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by casper684 »

This forum is "A user-to-user help forum and not the official method for interacting with any kind of Church support." Using "feedback" to submit an issue via the calendar helps management to prioritize issues. I have found "feedback" to be very helpful. Many questions can be answered here but after searching here, please submit to feedback if you don't solve your issue. But bear in mind that issues are being prioritized.

I notice that the "step by step" Calendar in the Help Center has been updated 1-10-23. However, the same paragraph has simply been added to each category within "Calendar". Certainly would rather have programmers working on issues than rewriting the Calendar section in the Help Center.

Many prayers and thanks for all the hard work the "feedback" department and programmers are doing.
wozzy96

Post by wozzy96 »

Do we know when the iCal sync files or URL will be available so we can see the new calendar on our iPhones or iPads?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Do we know when the iCal sync files or URL will be available so we can see the new calendar on our iPhones or iPads?
This thread has a lot of posts, so I'm not surprised you may not have seen that this same type of question has been asked multiple times, always with the same response. The Church does not provide us any timeline on resolving issues like this, nor do they provide priority for which items might be resolved first. And usually when something is fixed/updated the only way to know about it is to notice the change when using the functionality (or to see somebody else post about it on the Forum). My perception is that resolving the multitudinous calendar issues is a priority for the Church, so we're all in the same boat waiting/hoping for the changes to be released!
mahara

Post by mahara »

I still can't sync with the calendar on my iPhone. I had to un-sync but now I can't re-sync. I do not see a gear icon to do this. Will this be fixed soon? I have a stake calling and it is so much easier to sync the calendar than sign in every time I want to see it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mahara wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:47 am I still can't sync with the calendar on my iPhone. I had to un-sync but now I can't re-sync. I do not see a gear icon to do this. Will this be fixed soon? I have a stake calling and it is so much easier to sync the calendar than sign in every time I want to see it.
Please see the post just before your post for information on this.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
caillines

Post by caillines »

We finally got a "calendar updated" message on the calendar homepage today.
Links to the following page https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/too ... e?lang=eng
A new version of Calendar was released on November 15, 2022. The previous version of Calendar was using outdated technology and needed to be replaced as soon as possible. For security reasons, we had to migrate to the new version of Calendar before all the features were ready.

Some features such as the agenda view and those that were in the gear icon (printing PDFs, syncing calendars, updating settings, managing administrators, managing locations, and managing calendars) are still being worked on. We expect the items above to be restored in early 2023. We are working as quickly as possible to upgrade Calendar based on your feedback.

If you need to update building locations or administrator permissions, please use the green feedback button on Calendar to submit your request and we will make the changes for you while we finish building these features.

We are making frequent minor releases to Calendar to resolve issues as they are identified.

Last Updated On 11 Jan 2023
martyriker

Post by martyriker »

I got an email today from Jake, after posting feedback.

"The programmers are working on syncing right now. We hope to have this capability restored in the next couple weeks."

So I'll be checking back in late Feb. limping along without calendar Sync until then. Hope springs eternal!
caillines

Post by caillines »

One thing I've noticed in the past few days. Clicking "next month" jumps straight to March (from January).
I'm wondering if this is some kind of last week of the month glitch.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

caillines wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:36 pm One thing I've noticed in the past few days. Clicking "next month" jumps straight to March (from January).
I'm wondering if this is some kind of last week of the month glitch.
I could imagine there being code that says "add 30 days to today's date" to trigger the calendar to load the next month. That wouldn't work at the end of January when February only has 28 days! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
caillines

Post by caillines »

sbradshaw wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:48 pm I could imagine there being code that says "add 30 days to today's date" to trigger the calendar to load the next month. That wouldn't work at the end of January when February only has 28 days! :)
I had a look at a few skips using the millisecond based unix timestamps in the URL. It looks like they add the number of days in the current month.
ie. jan -> feb adds 31, feb -> mar adds 28, mar->apr adds 31 , apr->may adds 30, may->jun adds 31 etc

So yes, it appears to be a February is short issue, but not quite in the way you described.

Return to “Calendar”