Bishop home number incorrect

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
acartier

Bishop home number incorrect

Post by acartier »

My husband is the bishop of our ward. We have a new home number which updated correctly in our ward directory. However, when people search for our ward and it shows him as the bishop, it still has our old number listed.
We have asked the ward clerk and stake clerk to try and help but neither are able to make changes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bishop home number incorrect

Post by russellhltn »

He should probably contact support and have CDOL updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

He should be able to go into CDOL himself and edit it, unless they have disabled that capability. But no, CDOL does not update automatically.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:21 am He should be able to go into CDOL himself and edit it, unless they have disabled that capability. But no, CDOL does not update automatically.
You could in the old CDOL, but apparently not in the new one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I can confirm that CDOL has removed that ability. Two months ago we were able to do it ourselves in CDOL, now the edit functionality we used is not available. I still wish the Church would broadcast this info to the leaders, not many were aware they previously needed to update it themselves in CDOL, and fewer are likely aware they need to now make a request for it to be updated in CDOL. I'm certain most regular leaders expect when they change their phone number it will automatically be updated thru the system.

Return to “Church Account”