Create Zones on Ward Map

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
travisroth

Create Zones on Ward Map

Post by travisroth »

We're getting organized around our emergency preparedness. I've been assigned as a Zone Leader and so will be assigning block captins. I would like to be able to create areas on the ward map that I can assign these block captains to. So be able to draw these on the ward map. Is there a way to do that with the Ward map so when people move in and out it will automatically show people in each area?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Create Zones on Ward Map

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not aware of any such feature.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dlpyro1957

Post by dlpyro1957 »

There is a way if you are a clerk that you can get a copy of the GPS file for a map of your ward and Stake from CDOL and then upload that to google maps or other program MLS still has a field for GEO codes that you can use for EP, I also made a XL program that i brings in a report from MLS and it updates my reports with move in and move out.
IF you want to let me know
ryanmercer

Post by ryanmercer »

I know this thread is almost two years old and it doesn't look like you've been active on the forum since, but did you ever find a way to do this? Needing to do the same (add a 1x1 mile grid to the map).
dlpyro1957

Post by dlpyro1957 »

They are looking at adding something to the custom reports so you can create zones kind of like Geo codes in the old system for your preparedness. Also in LDS tools, what I do is create list for my own of our Geo zones.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”