Temple Ordinance Worker callings not in LCR or reports

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Ordinance Worker callings not in LCR or reports

Post by sbradshaw »

garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:56 pm I add that they currently show for leaders and clerks only on a member's information in member tools.
I don't think visibility of the temple ordinance worker calling in Member Tools is limited to leaders and clerks. I'm currently a "lowly" Sunday School teacher (and not currently a temple ordinance worker). When I go to the profile page in Member Tools for a member in my ward who's an ordinance worker, I see that calling listed under their name, like any other calling. I also see it when I go to their profile at Directory.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:47 pm
garystroble wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:56 pm I add that they currently show for leaders and clerks only on a member's information in member tools.
I don't think visibility of the temple ordinance worker calling in Member Tools is limited to leaders and clerks. I'm currently a "lowly" Sunday School teacher (and not currently a temple ordinance worker) – when I go to the profile page for a member in my ward who's an ordinance worker, I see that calling listed under their name, like any other calling. I also see it when I go to their profile at Directory.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Guess the temple callings are not as confidential as some of us surmised.
rjamesh77

Post by rjamesh77 »

But does the listing of a temple ordinance worker give them access to the portal? Wouldn't it have to be a standard and not a custom calling? Also, I'm wondering if temple recorders are entering this info into some other system. Nobody in my stake is showing up as a temple worker nor have I (a stake clerk) been asked to enter them in those callings.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rjamesh77 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:10 pm I'm wondering if temple recorders are entering this info into some other system.
A member of the temple presidency entered my calling into the Temple Information System the day I was set apart. I had access to TIS almost immediately. I do not know how the flow goes from there, but within a few days my calling was showing in Member Tools and at LCR. (Edit: Oops. The calling has not made it to LCR. See the next post by jonesrk.)

TIS seems to be similar to LCR, in that you have access to certain parts of TIS based on your specific temple calling. For example, shift coordinators are able to access things that I cannot. The temple recorder (and I assume the presidency) can access even more information.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As lajackson said, they enter it in TIS, then TIS pushes that info to CDOL as positions within the temple. Member Tools is getting their calling data from our newer system that has ways to indicate which position types outside the Stake/District/Ward/Branch setting to include in the calling list, so that is why they show up there. LCR is still using CDOL to get their calling data and so I don't think they show those temple callings (lajackson it sounds like you can see yours in LCR. I haven't been able to find them there. I'm willing to learn so please let me know where to look).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jonesrk wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:01 am Member Tools is getting their calling data from our newer system that has ways to indicate which position types outside the Stake/District/Ward/Branch setting to include in the calling list, so that is why they show up there.
I did not check before I made my post and thus misspoke. I have edited the post. I do not see temple callings in LCR for myself or others in our stake who I know are serving. Sorry, nothing to see here. . . .

You did answer my next question. I was wondering how the callings got into Member Tools if not from LCR.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”