Can I restore a Notebook I just deleted in error?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sgardner7

Can I restore a Notebook I just deleted in error?

Post by sgardner7 »

I just deleted a Notebook "Abrahamic Covenant" in error. I am using an iPad mini 4. Is there any possibility of recovering it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can I restore a Notebook I just deleted in error?

Post by russellhltn »

Was this in Gospel Library or a web page?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sgardner7

Post by sgardner7 »

Gospel Library
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There's no way to bring back a notebook that you deleted, unfortunately. However, in case it's helpful, when you delete a notebook, it doesn't delete the notes or other annotations that were inside the notebook – only the notebook itself is deleted. You may be able to find the notes again and add them to a notebook, by looking in Notes > All, using search, or going to any chapters the annotations are associated with as a highlight. iOS Gospel Library, Android Gospel Library, and Gospel Library Online behave the same when you delete a notebook – the annotations themselves aren't deleted automatically. I'm not sure about Windows Gospel Library.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sgardner7

Post by sgardner7 »

Thank you kindly!
george.t.bensonv.AMM

Post by george.t.bensonv.AMM »

This morning I accidentally deleted a note I had been working on for weeks. I couldn’t find a way to restore it in the “notebook” section, but I found that it had also been saved in the “annotations” section so I was able to find it that way and re-save it into the “notebook” section. I hope this helps!

Return to “Gospel Library”