Tag Content is Missing

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
jmoss70

Tag Content is Missing

Post by jmoss70 »

For some unknown reason, out of nowhere, a bunch of my Tags are missing the scripture references. Theyr'e gone. It appers to be isolated to the New/Old Testament content. Several years worth of tagging and careful cataloging of great scriptures are gone. Please help me!
IMG_2954.jpeg
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Tag Content is Missing

Post by lajackson »

jmoss70 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:55 am Several years worth of tagging and careful cataloging of great scriptures are gone. Please help me!
My answer will be unsettling, but here it is. Do not do anything.

This has happened from time to time for years for no apparent reason at all. The information is gone for several days, or maybe even a week or so. And then it appears once again.

It does not seem that users are able to do anything about it. My personal theory is that it has something to do with the main servers that occasionally go mind numb while they regroup and reset, for whatever reason. But I do not have any real insight into the problem.

So far, I have not seen anyone say that their information did not eventually return.

That is my anecdotal experience from reading posts here at the Forum over the years.

I understand that computers are not perfect and that there will always be little glitches and gremlins. However, my faith is not sufficient to deal with this kind of a situation, and that is the reason I do not use any Gospel Library annotations except for bookmarks.
jmoss70

Post by jmoss70 »

Thanks for responding. So you've seen this exact behavior before?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jmoss70 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:13 pm Thanks for responding. So you've seen this exact behavior before?
If you mean it goes away and then it comes back, all on its own, then yes. It has been mentioned quite a number of times here at the Forum.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You could try forcing your app to check for a content update by going to the Home section and pulling down from the middle of the screen. You should see a refresh spinner at the top.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

And make sure that you are signed in.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Also, your screen shot is from a phone. Try logging in to the online web-based Gospel Library. Do you see your tags correctly there?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I'd recommend removing and redownloading the Old Testament and New Testament. You can remove a book by navigating in the Library to where the book is (in this case, the Scriptures section), then long-pressing the book you want to remove, and choosing "Remove." To redownload it, tap the book (it will open after it downloads). Then go to the Annotations/Tags/Notebooks section of the app again to see if the content snippets are back.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”