Audit question about 2 authorised approvals for payments

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
martingrogan

Audit question about 2 authorised approvals for payments

Post by martingrogan »

I have a question from one of the auditors in my stake.
It asked:
“ Hi Martin. Question:. Can Ward Clerks physically still process manual (ie paper-based) Expenditure Approval Forms that require two physical signatures to justify a direct payment from the Clerk's office (ie - no electronic signatures required)?”
The unit he is asking about uses LCR.

I don’t know the answer to this can anyone assist me please? Thanks.
My first thought would be no. But maybe it is still possible???
garystroble

Re: Audit question about 2 authorised approvals for payments

Post by garystroble »

martingrogan wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:53 pm I have a question from one of the auditors in my stake.
It asked:
“ Hi Martin. Question:. Can Ward Clerks physically still process manual (ie paper-based) Expenditure Approval Forms that require two physical signatures to justify a direct payment from the Clerk's office (ie - no electronic signatures required)?”
The unit he is asking about uses LCR.

I don’t know the answer to this can anyone assist me please? Thanks.
My first thought would be no. But maybe it is still possible???
Yes they can, although it seems a waste of time and energy to do so, since things are much more efficient electronically.
caillines

Post by caillines »

garystroble wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:51 pm
Yes they can, although it seems a waste of time and energy to do so, since things are much more efficient electronically.
It depends who is doing the requesting. Only organisational leaders can access the expense claim option in member tools, so pretty much everyone else still needs to go the paper route (or go have an organisation leader submit electronically).
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

caillines wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:12 pm
garystroble wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:51 pm
It depends who is doing the requesting. Only organisational leaders can access the expense claim option in member tools, so pretty much everyone else still needs to go the paper route (or go have an organisation leader submit electronically).
Or email it to a clerk. There is no need to use paper at all. And leaders should be using LCR finance. Member tools finance is unreliable and has been for some time.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”