5th sunday attendance roles

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jdeleon9

5th sunday attendance roles

Post by jdeleon9 »

Is there a way to download and print attendance roles that include the 5th sunday in them? So far, the attendance roles that I print out are either for sunday school on 1st and 3rd sundays or priesthood/relief society (and young women) on the 2nd and 4th sundays. No roles for the 5th sunday though. :(
garystroble

Re: 5th sunday attendance roles

Post by garystroble »

jdeleon9 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:40 pm Is there a way to download and print attendance roles that include the 5th sunday in them? So far, the attendance roles that I print out are either for sunday school on 1st and 3rd sundays or priesthood/relief society (and young women) on the 2nd and 4th sundays. No roles for the 5th sunday though. :(
Primary rolls show the 5th Sunday. Others do not. An apparent lack of planning on someone's part, as the 5th Sunday could get shuffled around with other classes depending on local needs plus attendance should be recorded regardless. Suggest you submit feedback and then prepare to wait and/or be frustrated. Meanwhile you will have to do things manually.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It might be helpful for leaders to keep track of who attends on 5th Sundays, but the General Handbook only says that second-hour attendance should be recorded in Relief Society meetings, Young Women meetings, priesthood quorum meetings, Sunday School, and Primary – there's no requirement to record attendance for youth and adults in 5th Sundays meetings, which are under the direction of the bishopric. I suspect that's why it's not an option to record attendance for those meetings online.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

sbradshaw wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:13 pm It might be helpful for leaders to keep track of who attends on 5th Sundays, but the General Handbook only says that second-hour attendance should be recorded in Relief Society meetings, Young Women meetings, priesthood quorum meetings, Sunday School, and Primary – there's no requirement to record attendance for youth and adults in 5th Sundays meetings, which are under the direction of the bishopric. I suspect that's why it's not an option to record attendance for those meetings online.
The only thing that will not record 5th Sunday attendance is the printed rolls, which are pretty much archaic anyway. The LCR and member tools software will log 5th Sunday attendance; why not enter it? Just doing the minimum required won't help those who may only attend occasionally and the leaders will appreciate the information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All this makes me wonder what happens if you don't record attendance. What happens to the average?

There might be logic to ignore "zero" days assuming that's a stake conference, snow day, or similar. But you know what they say about "assume"-ing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:29 pm All this makes me wonder what happens if you don't record attendance. What happens to the average?

There might be logic to ignore "zero" days assuming that's a stake conference, snow day, or similar. But you know what they say about "assume"-ing.
Zero days do not count in the statistics.

Come on, tell us the punch line please.
jdeleon9

Post by jdeleon9 »

These are helpful insights, thanks everyone! Maybe I'll just do a custom report, copy and paste to columns in excel, then create a 5th Sunday attendance role there. I would just have like the sunday school secretary or something enter it directly in online, but we got a lot of old school folks in our ward who aren't very tech savvy.
PatrickESmith

Post by PatrickESmith »

Who should record the 5th Sunday attendance if recording? Should the EQ & RS secretaries or the SS secretary? It’s not really a function of either group.
Cmanrogers

Post by Cmanrogers »

I'd assume Ward Clerk, since he can record for everything.
Christian Rogers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Cmanrogers wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:50 pm I'd assume Ward Clerk, since he can record for everything.
Given that it's the "bishop's choice" Sunday, it seems reasonable that either the clerk would do it unless assigned otherwise. (Which might happen if the men and women are meeting separately.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”