Daughter Turned 18 How Does She Access Her Account Now?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rogerddean

Daughter Turned 18 How Does She Access Her Account Now?

Post by rogerddean »

I had my daughters account linked with mine. Now that she has turned 18 her account is no longer listed and I would like to help her have access to her account.

What steps do we need to take to make that happen? I've seen others with similar questions but I don't find any answers. Thanks for any help.
johnshaw

Re: Daughter Turned 18 How Does She Access Her Account Now?

Post by johnshaw »

When my children turned 18 I could no longer see them under the account site under Children to rename/reset passwords. These children now are required to be the adult in their own world. If they need a password reset they must follow that process on their own using their email/phone etc.

https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/managedAccounts

This section shows how you can 'manage' their accounts but it takes both of you working together to set it up and requires 2-step verification.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Church Account”