Can't Remove Members After Ward Split

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
rjntina

Can't Remove Members After Ward Split

Post by rjntina »

Our ward split almost 4 months ago, and I was recently called as the ward clerk. While going through the circles available today, I noticed that we have many members who were in our ward before the split that are still included in circles. I tried removing them from our ward council circle, but the app says "There's no one to remove". I also tried going to the list of members to add, hoping I could uncheck their names, but they don't show up on that list either. Any advice would be appreciated.

I also noticed that I was no longer in the Elders Quorum circle. One of the presidency members tried adding me a few times, but it isn't sticking. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and powered my phone on/off with no luck.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Remove Members After Ward Split

Post by russellhltn »

Try logging in/out of the app. If that doesn't work, you may need to logout, clear memory and then log back in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rjntina

Post by rjntina »

I logged out, removed the app and the data, rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app, and logged back in. I'm now in the Elder's Quorum circle, but we still have members showing up in circles that are in the other ward after the split. The app still won't let me remove them from circles.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are the members appearing on other member's devices?

You didn't say if you were on iOS or Android. With Android, you may need to clear the memory. I'm not sure about iOS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rjntina

Post by rjntina »

I'm using iOS. My wife confirmed she can see sisters in Relief Society who are in the other ward.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you confirmed the members are in the other ward by looking in places like Member Tools or on-line Directory?

Otherwise, I'd send a message to the developers via the app.

rjntina

Post by rjntina »

I can confirm that LCR and the LDS Tools app show the members are in the other wards. I will send the request through the app.
isaaclines

Post by isaaclines »

My ward split a couple months ago and we have the same problem. I reported it through the app and got an email saying they needed details, which I sent, but nothing since. Do they usually respond? The problem persists, making circles a pretty big mess. Have you seen a fix in your case?

Return to “Gospel Living App”