Dark Mode won't turn off.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
TotalXterminator

Dark Mode won't turn off.

Post by TotalXterminator »

I downloaded a Dark Mode application on my phone a couple days ago, which makes apps have dark theme on (if possible), and it worked maybe a bit too well. Now Gospel Library is stuck on Dark Mode, and I don't know how to turn it off. I tried all themes on the app, but they all still have a dark background, and I can't find a dark mode option to turn off or anything. Is there a way to make my background white again? Reinstalling it didn't work because the dark theme attaches to my account.
davesudweeks

Re: Dark Mode won't turn off.

Post by davesudweeks »

The first thing I would try is to uninstall the Dark Mode application. It sounds like it is taking over your other apps and there probably isn't anything you can do in Gospel Library to overcome something that is controlling it. You might try communicating with the developer of the Dark Mode application to see if they have a way to turn it's control settings down.
randagray

Post by randagray »

It’s not an issue with the dark mode, but the church apps. They need an option in the church app settings to turn off and on dark mode for the app. It automatically links to whatever the phone setting is but most people don’t want it to.

Please fix!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

randagray wrote:Please fix!
Your best avenue to get your request to the development team is to send feedback through the in-app Send Feedback link found in the Additional Info section of the Settings menu. The Tech Forum is user-to-user help and support. We can discuss it but we can do nothing about it. Occasionally someone on the development team may stumble across posts such as yours but because this is not the official feedback or help and support for ICS and app development then the odds are against them seeing it.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dixie08

Post by dixie08 »

You have to change your dark mode in the iPhone settings goyo display brightness and switch to light mode
Jo.low.bro

Post by Jo.low.bro »

dixie08, thank you! That worked. Was super annoying there for a minute. Just trying to study 🙂
mbsweat

Post by mbsweat »

Maybe they have fixed this since this was posted a year ago. Settings to theme. Three options are default, light and dark. This is how I fixed mine. I checked light and it worked.
Walkerjeannette

Post by Walkerjeannette »

Go to the page your are reading in dark mode. Upper right hand corner there are 3 dots. Click there for drop down menu. Click on display options. On the left it shows a white screen. Click there and voila! You have a while te screen!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”