RL500 manual or list of commands?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
brad_p

Re: RL500 manual or list of commands?

Post by brad_p »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:16 am You can't talk to anything in the Facility zone from the Public zone without a VPN. And that's not going to happen.
Good to know facility doesn't talk to public. I just saw a device in public zone route to all IP addresses in the facility zone, so I figured it could do the reverse. Another reason why I chose facility is I have two ethernet jacks on my rack for broadcasting (why they gave me two, I don't know). One gives a public zone IP, the second gives a facility zone IP. So I just kind of figured I'm good to use either one and can route to either one.
I do wonder how you assigned the MAC. Last I knew, that couldn't be keyed in, it had to be selected from a drop down list and that only happens once it's on dynamic.
You can hand type in a MAC address. I triple checked I typed it in right.
brad_p wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:53 pmMaybe the camera data jack on the switch isn't meant for the facility zone but for the public zone instead? I know one jack is definitely a facility zone jack, so I'll try that...
Bingo.
Thanks for the feedback. I've removed static assignment via CNM, I'll reboot the camera, and hope it pops up in the public zone.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brad_p wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:20 am I just saw a device in public zone route to all IP addresses in the facility zone, so I figured it could do the reverse.
It might try, but I wouldn't expect that to be successful. I'd expect the router to keep things separate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

brad_p wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:20 am I have two ethernet jacks on my rack for broadcasting (why they gave me two, I don't know).
It comes in handy if you are running stake conference through an encoder and you also need another port for your laptop to control Wi-Fi and any other networked things at the same time. I run a separate wire from the internal switch to the front so that I can have access to two Ethernet ports at the same time.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:16 am I do wonder how you assigned the MAC. Last I knew, that couldn't be keyed in, it had to be selected from a drop down list and that only happens once it's on dynamic.
This changed a while back. It now lets you type in a MAC address (which was a welcome change).

Again, russellhltn is correct. Put it in the Public zone, and when you get it configured, remember to change the camera's password from the default.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:00 pm This changed a while back. It now lets you type in a MAC address (which was a welcome change).
Maybe when it when from TM to CNM.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

brad_p

Post by brad_p »

I figured out what was causing many of my problems. The ethernet connection to the camera was flaky. After a few hours of ruling things out, I got a ladder, unhooked the camera, plugged my laptop directly into the camera, and got a connection. From there, I hooked up an ethernet pin checker, and pin 1 didn't work.... The extra difficulty was that the installers also broke the IR receiver on the rack, and so I found myself running from the media rack to the camera several times to reboot the camera to test. A couple of FIR requests later, and it's fixed. As the RL 400 is different from the RL500, I've started a different topic here: viewtopic.php?t=41802
awchan13

Post by awchan13 »

Just came across this thread today. We've had the RL400 since spring of last year. We have them installed in all three of our buildings. I have it setup to be completely IP/Ethernet controlled. The wards that are broadcasting zoom are controlling it via mobile device once the host computer is up and running. We use OBS to grab the IP video feed. For stake conference, we use the web interface to control each camera (we use 2), and wardtools.org for lower thirds... all this runs through OBS to Zoom. I recently moved to a new stake and am hoping to get things setup similarly here.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

awchan13 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:27 pm Just came across this thread today. We've had the RL400 since spring of last year. We have them installed in all three of our buildings. I have it setup to be completely IP/Ethernet controlled. The wards that are broadcasting zoom are controlling it via mobile device once the host computer is up and running. We use OBS to grab the IP video feed. For stake conference, we use the web interface to control each camera (we use 2), and wardtools.org for lower thirds... all this runs through OBS to Zoom. I recently moved to a new stake and am hoping to get things setup similarly here.
The web interface is a poor interface compared to the IP interface. It has a standard VISCA port and control process.

With the OBS-PTZ plugin, you can control the camera via OBS. In our case, we start with a laptop with OBS that does the streaming and camera movement. We then use a remote desktop tool (in our case, AnyDesk). Then we get a large cheap tablet (Amazon fire) with AnyDesk, and log into the laptop. Then the person with the tablet can sit down with his or her family, and control everything about the broadcast, including camera PTZ control, from the tablet.
shadfiel

Post by shadfiel »

I received this link for the RL500 User Manual from tech support at ClearTouch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AYwmda ... OdX3x/view

This is the manual that comes with the camera.

steve
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

shadfiel wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:13 am I received this link for the RL500 User Manual from tech support at ClearTouch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AYwmda ... OdX3x/view
Awesome, thanks!!

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”