Circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
sharpep

Re: Circles

Post by sharpep »

Can any one please point me to where it tells me how circles are created.
Some seem to have appeared automatically, but we do not have circles for each primary class in our ward. Our primary president wants to know how to set them up.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

A Primary child would need to have a Member Account and a mobile device to run the Gospel Living app.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sharpep wrote:Can any one please point me to where it tells me how circles are created.
Right now, that information isn't available. They just appear automatically.

I'm not sure what the situation is with Primary. Legal compliance with COPPA may play a role in if/what circles are available.

But for starters, I'd see if the class presidents have joined the app. I have a theory that circles do not appear until the appropriate leaders sign on to supervise the interaction.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidtav

Post by davidtav »

What is the desktop browser link to Circles?

I can't figure out how to use Circles on the computer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davidtav wrote:What is the desktop browser link to Circles?

I can't figure out how to use Circles on the computer.
Right now it's Android and iOS only. No Windows/Mac or web access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
elpearce

Post by elpearce »

At the very minimum, Leaders need to have access to create and manage circles. (Parents are 'leaders' in their homes) Please - we have so many Ward members relying on GroupMe and it seems like Living is close, but the Circles element is keeping many of our leaders from wanting the push, or even use the app.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

elpearce wrote:At the very minimum, Leaders need to have access to create and manage circles
Please note the feature to create or edit circles is not yet available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sorensonlinc

Embeded Replies and Reactions

Post by sorensonlinc »

Quick Feedback on Cirlcles:

It would be great to be able to reply directly to a persons comment in circles and have it embeded below their comment. It would also be great to be able to give a few additional reactions to people's comments. Maybe have a 'Like', 'Love', 'Curious', 'Care', etc type reactions.
davesudweeks

Re: Embeded Replies and Reactions

Post by davesudweeks »

sorensonlinc wrote:Quick Feedback on Cirlcles:

It would be great to be able to reply directly to a persons comment in circles and have it embeded below their comment. It would also be great to be able to give a few additional reactions to people's comments. Maybe have a 'Like', 'Love', 'Curious', 'Care', etc type reactions.
Feature requests are best submitted from within the app (go to your Profile within the APP and select "Send Feedback"). There is no guarantee that anything posted here will find its way to those who direct the programmer's priorities.
rti1967

Post by rti1967 »

Did this ever get resolved? Most of the Deacons do not have phones and parents need to be added to the Deacons Circle group. Having them all in the adults area is not as good. Can I just add all parents to the Deacons group? Any other ideas? We were using GroupMe but want to use Circles. Also, not having a PC browser option for this is a downer.

Return to “Gospel Living App”