New My Account and Ward Menu

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
barbararirie

Re: New My Account and Ward Menu

Post by barbararirie »

This is such a joke I can't even locate the site from my account and Ward turns me around over and over.
smithadriennehelen1

Post by smithadriennehelen1 »

Help? It's not working
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Your Church Account must have your membership record number (MRN) registered in your profile. Without it in your profile, your account is a nonmember account and you will not have access.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lynda234

Post by lynda234 »

view my new accont and ward menu
spowzer

Post by spowzer »

I have the following problems with my account:
1. Emails communications do not work I don't get any emails from the ward or stake.
2. Checking my account I see in some places email verification required but that message should present when I login
3. My profile settings is a dead end, there are no links back to the main site LDS.org
4. I changed my email address to see if that would fix the problem. 20 min after submitting the change, which did go through, the leadership menu still shows the previous email. I also logged off and logged back on to see if that prompted an update, it did not.
5. The site states that all support issues are to go to the ward clerk. He has no idea what to do.
Please assist. Username= spowzer
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

5. The site states that all support issues are to go to the ward clerk. He has no idea what to do.
A couple of ideas for your clerk:
1) Stake clerks exist in part to train ward clerks and support them in issues they cannot resolve themselves, and would be the first line of support for your ward clerk
2) Hopefully your ward clerk is aware of the church's Global Service Department, which would be a second line of support for issues the clerk cannot resolve himself
Please assist
For your awareness, this Forum is not the official church support site. Forum participants are generally regular members like yourself, and while there's often helpful responses that Forum members provide, you're unlikely to get individualized support here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

spowzer wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:45 am 4. I changed my email address to see if that would fix the problem. 20 min after submitting the change, which did go through, the leadership menu still shows the previous email. I also logged off and logged back on to see if that prompted an update, it did not.
You may need to wait longer. The church system is multiple systems that need time to sync with each other.

For example, when getting a new calling, one may have to wait 24 hours before getting the rights that goes with that calling.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
spowzer

Post by spowzer »

Thanks for the suggestions:
1. updates - after 26 hours, no sync
2. discovered that lds.org account and ward contact are 2 completely different tables/ records - per item one on my list, they may or may not sync
3. updated ward directory account by accessing ward directory and contacts started working immediately (sent a test message to myself from LCR)
4. STRANGE: there are no links to message anyone on LDS.org for support, only help links which point to FAQ's. THERE IS NO FAQ FOR "NOT RECIEVING EMAIL" - my bishop indicated there are several in my ward that have that problem.
5. other oddities: there's a link under Account Settings -> Contact Settings -> Former Mission Leader - this goes to a page with a dead link: Helping Returned Mission Leaders and Missionaries Stay Connected -> points to the /undefined page
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

There may not be any FAQ, but if you search on the Forum for "not receiving email", you'll find a plethora of threads with copious amounts of comments regarding issues the Church has with members not receiving emails.

If you are looking to provide feedback for issues like dead links or similar problems, you should use the Feedback link that is available at the bottom of most every Church webpage. That will get the issue logged in the Church's system. Whether it's prioritized is another issue, but that's at least the first step.
nualamcpherson1944@gmail.com

Post by nualamcpherson1944@gmail.com »

Why change something that was working well? I never had a problem paying my tithing before, now I have to search who knows where before I can find the page I want. Think about the older generation who want things made easier not harder, we're not all computer geniuses

Return to “Main Church Website”