Active removal of all Open Source Office (Excel, ...) and every other resource to process donations accurately.

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Active removal of all Open Source Office (Excel, ...) and every other resource to process donations accurately.

Post by russellhltn »

jpjones~ogr wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:18 pm Re: LibreOffice - Today, two attempts to upgrade from 7.2.. to 7.4... failed.
This sounds real familiar. I think I had that awhile back when we replaced our computers. Something about certain Windows versions and the LibreOffice didn't get along.

IIRC, the fix was to run the MSI installer "as admin" - which is tricky because by default that option isn't available. I think I launched a CMD box as admin and invoked the MSI from there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jpjones~ogr

Re: Active removal of all Open Source Office (Excel, ...) and every other resource to process donations accurately.

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Allowed or authorized software/apps would be optimal.

Currently I'm leaning toward Google stuff because a majority of our council uses Gmail, our current exec' is good at making Google tools work, I kind-of expect to end up with a Chromebook as the unit computing device, and we already have a unit Gmail account. Then, I recently discovered Google Sites as a possible method for sharing with the council as well as the ward.

Free access to Office365 tends to be more restrictive than Google, and fewer 'blue collar' families bother with it.
I'm still testing Windows app's, but nagging ad's can be problematic.

Thanks for the insights and reminders.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”