Gospel Living App Circles Admin Enhancement Request

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
kjablonski

Gospel Living App Circles Admin Enhancement Request

Post by kjablonski »

Is the functionality to be able to create custom circles ever going to be a feature? and if so, WHEN is this feature slated to be fulfilled? Just curious, as a current YW president, I need the ability to have a YM/YW Presidency circle, Priest and oldest YW Class circle, Ages 14 - 18 circle, youth committee circle,. etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Living App Circles Admin Enhancement Request

Post by russellhltn »

kjablonski wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:13 am Is the functionality to be able to create custom circles ever going to be a feature? and if so, WHEN is this feature slated to be fulfilled?
The church rarely if ever shares it's development timelines. The ones they do share frequently slip.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eyepatch

Post by eyepatch »

I echo this request. I am currently serving in the Stake YM Presidency and would love for a way to communicate with them, or even for the Stake Youth Committee to communicate with them. We've looked into alternative apps, but having that capability within this app would be best.
cjones1957

Post by cjones1957 »

I am the Ward Family History Leader and would like a circle for Ward Family History that contains the WFH Leader, Consultants, and the Elders Quorum and RS Counselors that are also a member of our Council. We are also supposed to have some youth on the committee.

We have been using a Texting Group, but every time a calling changes, we have to recreate the group and lose all of our text stream.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cjones1957 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:37 pm I am the Ward Family History Leader and would like a circle for Ward Family History that contains the WFH Leader, Consultants, and the Elders Quorum and RS Counselors that are also a member of our Council.
Unfortunately, there is nobody here in the Tech Forum that can do anything to help in this matter. The Tech Forum is primarily user-to-user help, support, and discussion. You can use the in-app Settings > Send Feedback feature to submit your request. This is one method to get this feedback to those who can consider it. The other is to work the request up the priesthood chain starting with your bishop, to your stake president, to the area coordinating council, and so on.

There have been hints of a future development capability for the ability to add circles. For now this feature does not exist. With that said, take note that very seldom are development efforts and in-progress development timelines made public.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'm not holding my breath on this one, the adoption of the app is so low I doubt they put much into it anymore.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
Bryce2787

Post by Bryce2787 »

The below was posted a week ago on the Gospel Living app. For those who cannot be bothered clicking on it, it says "Next year we will be trying to make this app experience better than ever". Not saying a whole lot however, it does indicate that the church is still committed to developing the app.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/ins ... fbd5410000
rtonkinson

Post by rtonkinson »

I think that comment about making it better was about the app as a whole and not necessarily Circles.
jokoegler

Post by jokoegler »

I’m wondering if the circles portion automatically changes administrations with a new calling. I’m a fairly new yw ward Pres and have no way of seeing who’s in what circle. But I do see a girl who has moved from our ward 2 years ago still has a comment in one circle. Do I talk to my ward clerk? I’d really really like to be able to use this rather than having 10 different texting groups lighting up my phone constantly.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

It _should_ automatically adapt to your new calling provided you have your MRN connected to your account and your calling was recorded as a standard (rather than custom) calling. It may take a couple of days for the systems to catch up to changes in callings, and you may have to sync your app.

Return to “Gospel Living App”