Where to find temple recommend information

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mrnonaustralianguy

Re: Where to find temple recommend information

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

Is there someone who knows if the Limited Use ones show up?
Jeremy 🎶
klricks

Post by klricks »

jeremynwest wrote:Is there someone who knows if the Limited Use ones show up?
If your calling permits access then find that in [Reports] --> [Youth Recommend Status]
Assistant Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

klricks wrote:
jeremynwest wrote:Is there someone who knows if the Limited Use ones show up?
If your calling permits access then find that in [Reports] --> [Youth Recommend Status]
He's asking about seeing his own status in Member Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

This would come in handy if I happen to misplace my wallet like I did last month so I can see when it expires.

(Needless to say, I found my wallet on Saturday:))
Jeremy 🎶
agvregalado

Post by agvregalado »

Member tools app shows only your temple recommend status and expiry date. It does not have the bar code or temple recommend number. We need it whenever we visit a temple. I almost got late for a session because they were looking for a code or number to admit me in. Good thing that they are able to find it with the help of the temple clerk. I hope the number is also shown in our member tool app.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

We received a letter from our temple letting us know that we should always bring our printed recommend, other forms are not acceptable.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

agvregalado wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:01 pm Member tools app . . . does not have the bar code or temple recommend number. We need it whenever we visit a temple.
The only time a temple uses a code or a number is when they scan your paper recommend as you enter the temple. If you do not have your actual recommend with you, the temple recorder will use your name, ward, and stake information to determine if you have a current recommend, or he will contact your bishop.

A copy or scan of a paper recommend on your smart phone is not valid for entry into the temple.

A pilot program is in progress in three temple districts that will allow you to display your temple recommend using Member Tools. But it is not the same as a copy or scan of the recommend. Personally, I hope the test is successful.
ejioguchris

Post by ejioguchris »

PLEASE I DIDN'T SEE MY TEMPLE RECOMMEND AS STATED.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

ejioguchris wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:25 am PLEASE I DIDN'T SEE MY TEMPLE RECOMMEND AS STATED.
Your temple recommend is a physical paper document that you carry with you and present at the recommend desk when you enter a temple. Unless you are participating in a pilot program, you will not see your actual temple recommend in Member Tools.

In Member Tools you will see the status of your recommend and you will see the month it expires. But you will not see the actual recommend.
nerry_jerezajr.

Post by nerry_jerezajr. »

mrnonaustralianguy wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:39 pm I’m still not seeing it. Where in More is the information?
First, go to the settings of member's app and the turn on the "Show Temple Recommend Status(or something)" then update or restart the app, and go to your membership information section in your profile

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”