Non members

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
RVJohnson

Re: Non members

Post by RVJohnson »

I have had two adult investigators upset that they could not access the GospelLibrary app. It is very frustrating to them, because they want to participate with everyone else in the class.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RVJohnson wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:23 pm I have had two adult investigators upset that they could not access the GospelLibrary app.
The Gospel Library App and the Gospel Living App are different. This thread is about the Gospel Living App, which does require membership.

We have lots of folks who download and use the Gospel Library app who are not members.
jjmandeville

Post by jjmandeville »

Just trying to bump the thread up and see if there are any solutions yet.

The ability to add non-members to gospel living circles is a critical capability. This is the biggest blocker to adoption on our stake, even when units are actively trying to adopt usage of the the app.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jjmandeville wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:33 pm Just trying to bump the thread up and see if there are any solutions yet.
Bumping the thread here will not generate any solutions. That only happens when feedback is given through the app and those who supervise the developers assign them to make a change. This is a user-to-user forum.

But to specifically respond to your post, no, I have not noticed any solutions yet. And since you have to be a member to use the Gospel Living App, I do not anticipate that change any time soon.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Being able to add "friends not of our faith" was something promised 3 years ago. Set expectations accordingly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bassett95

Post by bassett95 »

Any update on adding non-members to circles? We lead the activity day boys and have a circles group with all the parents, but we can’t add the parent of a non-member that attends our activities.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bassett95 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:56 am Any update on adding non-members to circles?
See the post just before your post. If nothing has happened since the promise made 3 years ago I doubt six days is going to garner any changes in expectations.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
LLNeuffer

Post by LLNeuffer »

We would greatly appreciate this too. I felt bad yesterday trying to explain it to our new YW friend.
hsmead

Post by hsmead »

We have a young woman whose parents are in active. She’s our front line of communicating to her. They would be willing to sign a form to give her a “ membership code#” but not baptism. Is there some kind of number they can get without being baptized so that they can be added. It’s so critical that we communicate through circles for the safety of the youth and the leaders. Yet it’s very isolating for many youth who can’t be on there. This is a marvelous work and we have so many non-members coming in they can easily feel left out when they can’t be added to such an amazing app. There’s got to be somewhere we can give them a code that’s different from baptized to have just access to the living app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hsmead wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:04 am We have a young woman whose parents are in active. She’s our front line of communicating to her. They would be willing to sign a form to give her a “ membership code#” but not baptism. Is there some kind of number they can get without being baptized so that they can be added.
Well, that's an interesting situation with active parents but not allowing baptism. I'm guessing it's a guardianship, foster parenting, or pending adoption situation. That adds an additional complication because if they are not her parents, that would limit what the church systems allow them to do. Last I knew, church membership only had "parents" and not "legal guardianship" fields for a child's membership record.

There is nothing the ward can do to get her a MRN. I'd suggest having the bishop call support to see if there's any magic that Church Headquarters can do. I'm doubtful, but that's your best shot.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Living App”