Any way to include research notes when sending to addressunknwon?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Any way to include research notes when sending to addressunknwon?

Post by rmrichesjr »

When sending a membership record to address unknown (via LCR), is there any way to inform Church headquarters of what we found while trying to find a current address?

For example, when I emailed an address found via Spokeo, someone replied who claimed to have been his wife, claimed the member is deceased, and provided a claimed death date. Given it's fairly common to claim a person has died in order to get rid of people looking for said person, I don't trust that email reply. We're in a state where death records are NOT public, so I can't confirm the death date with the state. I have not been able to find an obituary or any other evidence that he is actually deceased. The last ministering brother reports that the last visit (prior to the claimed death date) was "unpleasant". My Bishop has asked if there is a way we can provide the information about the claimed/possible death date to Church headquarters when or after we move his record to address unknown.
davesudweeks

Re: Any way to include research notes when sending to addressunknwon?

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't think you can add any notes, but in the MLS days you could send a MLS message to membership support and provide the MRN along with details that are pertinent. Once, a member in our ward informed me of an address for their less active child who lives in another state and I provided that information to Membership Support so they could update the child's address on their membership record. They responded that they had moved the record into the new correct ward.

I don't know if LCR has a special message function available to clerks - I don't have a calling that allows that level of visibility - but it might be worth poking around LCR to see if you can do that.
eblood66

Re: Any way to include research notes when sending to addressunknwon?

Post by eblood66 »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:02 pmI don't know if LCR has a special message function available to clerks - I don't have a calling that allows that level of visibility - but it might be worth poking around LCR to see if you can do that.
LCR doesn't have a messaging feature just for membership support but I think the Help > Contact Us option could be used to create a case and send the information.

Return to “Membership Help”