"Member Tools Services are unavailable" when signing into Member Tools App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
smithfam548

"Member Tools Services are unavailable" when signing into Member Tools App

Post by smithfam548 »

I have been trying for some time to log in to my iphone Member Tools app. I repeatedly get the message "Member Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later". This has gone on for over a week now. I have tried re-setting my member username and password, but no luck. Any ideas how to fix this?
Biggles

Re: "Member Tools Services are unavailable" when signing into Member Tools App

Post by Biggles »

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the app!
Let us know if this fixes the issue, as this might help someone else with the same issue!
smithfam548

Post by smithfam548 »

Uninstalling/re-installing did work, thank you!
hdavidfrey

Post by hdavidfrey »

I get this error all the time. I'm getting it right now. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No luck. I still get the error. And I'm attached to a wifi network.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

hdavidfrey wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:12 am I get this error all the time. I'm getting it right now. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No luck. I still get the error. And I'm attached to a wifi network.
Is your phone an iPhone? If so, others experiencing similar issues found a solution that involved going in to your phone Settings > General > Background App Refresh and from the list of apps shown, use the toggle to turn Background App Refresh on for Member Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
melanielynnlewis1

Post by melanielynnlewis1 »

I have been having this problem when I try to sign in. I will put in my password and a prompt will appear telling me that “services are unavailable.” I tried all the tricks multiple times. Uninstalling my app, turning my phone off, refreshing it... I’m the secretary in the Relief Society and it makes it tricky to do my calling without the app.
hendo555

Post by hendo555 »

Having the same problem with both of our accounts. iPhone users and have un-Installed, re-installed and made sure the toggle on the background refresh is on. Any other tricks?
christopheryoung

Post by christopheryoung »

Dealt with this issue for months. Tonight Global Services rep had me turn on Two Step Authentication. I first tried Biometric, but that did not play nicely with the app. But I tried SMS and now I am finally back in. Hopefully that will help someone out. I tried ALL other tips and tricks, this was the only thing that got my devices past the "Member Tools Services are unavailable" error and back into administrative bliss :)
jla59

Post by jla59 »

Same issue with service unavailable. I went to settings and turned off "Download directory photos" and "Download other photos". Then attempted logging in and the sync worked.
abfinz

Post by abfinz »

I’m having this issue as well. I’ve tried almost everything on here, and nothing works. The only thing I haven’t tried is turning off “Download directory photos” and “Download other photos”, because I don’t see those options anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find those to turn them off? I’m on iPhone, BTW.

Return to “Member Tools”