How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencies enter ministering assignments?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencie"s enter ministering assignments?

Post by jdlessley »

allen.luke4224 wrote: I see a "Start Over" button. When I click this, it removes all companionships and their assignments (this is what I want). However, after that, I have no buttons or boxes to create districts, companionships, or assignments.
Are the ministering districts also gone? Typically they should still be there. There will be no button nor box to add companionships. There should be a blue hyperlink to the bottom and to the right of the district titled + Add Companionship. Once the companionship is added then the households can be added to the companionship by using the Search Households text box.
allen.luke4224 wrote:When I move to the "unassigned tab", all unassigned companionships and families/individuals to be assigned are present. Again, in this location, I cannot create anything or move any individual to any other locations.
The Unassigned tab is a where the unassigned ministering brothers and unassigned households can be viewed. It is only at the Proposed Assignments or Current Assignments pages that changes can be made.
allen.luke4224 wrote:Ideas?!
Look for the + Add Companionship hyperlink to the far right below the district name after you have clicked the Start Over button.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ichabod6

Re: How do Elder’s Quorum, RS presidencies enter ministering assignments?

Post by ichabod6 »

I have a request from the RS president. She would like to set up her list of ministering sisters without placing them into districts and without being assigned to one of the members of the presidency. Is there a way to set it up so she just has a list of which companionship have which sisters? This way she can scroll down a single list, record the information she needs to record and then scroll again to find the next companionship, without having to jump from district to district.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I don't see what the issue is. Seeing all the companionships with the assigned sisters is done on one page. Scrolling down the list is uninterrupted. I am getting the impression there is something she wants that is not coming across.

If she wants only one district she can do that. That one district does not need to have a presidency member assigned to it. Just leave the box set as unassigned. If she wants the listing of companionships all done in one group/district and alphabetically, that can be done also. The alphabetizing of the companionships is done by the first companion's last name.

However, if she wants to retain the districts yet have the ability to view all the assignments and record interviews without the district information and grouping, and have all companionships listed alphabetically outside the districts, then that is not currently possible. That feature would have to be requested using the feedback link found at the bottom of the page in the footer section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ichabod6

Post by ichabod6 »

Thanks JD. Appreciate the help. Makes total sense once you step back from the problem.
DebbieCramer

Post by DebbieCramer »

allen.luke,

Did you ever get an answer as to how to do this?
cwinter@readytek.net

Post by cwinter@readytek.net »

JD -
I agree that is how it is supposed to work. The EQP and RSP both did exactly as you said above. I am the relief society secretary for our ward and was working on all the changes with the RSP. We were working on the proposed assignment section. We were waiting for our Bishop's approval when we found out that it was posted on the current assignment section (but not all of them). It did the same thing for the EQ. It has caused so many problems and confusion. We are having to start over from scratch today. We have reached out to the stake. They have asked all of the other EQ and RS in the stake and they all had similar problems.
Do you know if there is possibly a glitch in the system? Is there a place to go and get training on the correct way to use this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Since there are several units in your stake experiencing the same thing then the best course of action is to report the problem using the feedback link found at the bottom of the Ministering page in the footer. I would also have the ward clerk submit a Create a Case. He can get there by clicking the Help > Contact Us menu item on the LCR menu bar.
JD Lessley
MillerGS

Post by MillerGS »

Can a member of a Branch Presidency set up ministering districts, companionships and assignments? If so where do I go and how do I do it?.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Can a member of a Branch Presidency set up ministering districts, companionships and assignments? If so where do I go and how do I do it?.
The LCR Access Table (in LCR, click on "Other=>Access Table") shows that the Branch President, his counselors, and his clerk each have access to all of the Ministering functionality. However, in GHB 21.2, the responsibility for organizing ministering assignments clearly falls with the EQ and RS Presidencies, and not with the Branch Presidency.

That said, it may be that the EQ & RS have organized the ministering assignments, but your Branch President feels like it's best if a member of the Branch Presidency enters the information into LCR instead of the EQ or RS leaders. In that case, the ministering information is available in LCR under the "Ministering" tab. However, be aware that even if the Branch Presidency were to enter this information in LCR, going forward it would be best to have the EQ/RS take ownership of entering future modifications, to offload this from the Branch Presidency so they can focus on their core responsibilities.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”