Calendar sync issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Calendar sync issues 2023

Post by jdlessley »

jakesmith101 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:28 pm Please restore the calendar sync to google and Apple calendar.
See the threads Calendar 4.0 released and how to sync ward calendar into google calendar for more up to date information. At post #136, on 9 Feb 2023, in the first thread and in post #40 of the second thread there was an announcement that the calendar sync had been restored. If you are trying to use old links, prior to Calendar 4.0, then the sync will not work. A new link will be required. Since there is continued work on Calendar 4.0 there may be temporary problems or outages. Sync links may need to be re-established.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
martyriker

Re: Calendar sync issues

Post by martyriker »

As a stake high councilor, my default list of calendars was quite long, so I created a new listing, which is a great feature, by the way.

Steps I took:
Click the gear/settings, then Sync
Create new Custom Synced Calendar Groups
Add my custom name, and choose which calendars I'd like to see.
Copy the URL created.

Open Google Calendar
Under Other Calendar, I had the original, non-functional link. Click the X to Unsubscribe.
Note: Under General Settings, I can see the settings for the calendars subscribed, but can't remove it/unsubscribe.
Click the + to add new "From URL" calendar.
Past the custom URL generated from the Church site. - Add Calendar.
Select the newly added link to the calendar (called the http"//churchofjesuschrist...." in your Other Calendar settings.
Customize the name. (I named it Church)
Return from Google Calendar Settings to the Calendar.
Customize the color of the calendar, to your preference, by selecting the triple dots icon that appears when you mouse over the Calendar name.

I hope that helps. Getting what I do on my desktop to show on my phone was the next challenge:
Android
Google Calendar
Settings
Refresh

That seemed to work.

Return to “Calendar”