Full Day events - Sync issues

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
martyriker

Full Day events - Sync issues

Post by martyriker »

I live in Central time zone and several of our stake full day events are displaying in my Google Synced calendar as starting at 1am and ending on 1am on the next day.

Is there a fix for this?

For example, our stake publishes a Fast Sunday calendar event.
The person who scheduled it was trying to get it to work right and scheduled it on the Stake Calendar in the America/Phoenix time zone, as an all day event from 3/5 to 3/5

When I see it on my Google Calendar, it says it starts at 1am 3/5 and goes to 1am 3/6.

I have edit rights, so I changed the time zone to America/Chicago.
I tried removing visibility and turning it back on, refreshing the page, and refreshing on my phone.

I suppose I can try tomorrow and seeing if an overnight refresh helps?

Any other ideas?

Any idea why the list of time zones is so long and complicated? Is my world view just limited?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Full Day events - Sync issues

Post by russellhltn »

martyriker wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:53 pm Any idea why the list of time zones is so long and complicated? Is my world view just limited?
Different countries switch in/out of daylight savings at different times.

To use a couple of examples:
Mountain time is UTC-7 or during daylight UTC-6
But Arizona doesn't do Daylight Savings, so Phoenix time is UTC-7 year around.

I would check what time zone the events are being scheduled for and compare it to what time zone Google is adjusting to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
martyriker

Re: Full Day events - Sync issues

Post by martyriker »

Thanks.

That list is super long.
I didn't know that America/Boise and America/Denver do Daylight savings times differently. But ok.
Screenshot 2023-03-05 182503.jpg

Return to “Calendar”