Taking Attendance in Member Tools

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
missmargaret58

Re: Taking Attendance in Member Tools

Post by missmargaret58 »

The option is available on my iPad Mini 2 (iOS 12.5.1, which is the latest compatible update for this model), but not my iPhone 7 (iOS 14.4; updated this week). I’ve used Manual Update, Refresh Data,, signed out and back in, and pulled down from the top of the screen on the Reports screen (which I believe is the action I took that caused it to show up on my tablet). We’re not meeting for Relief Society at all right now, and starting our first hybrid Sacrament Meetings on Sunday, so maybe they’ll have this worked out before I need to take attendance. I noticed that the app shows every Sunday, not just Relief Society Sundays, so I’ll have to check the website to see if instructions have changed again.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I have just checked my iPad and the Class and Quorum Attendance option has magically reappeared in the Reports section!
Bryans

Post by Bryans »

I am curious if anyone has figured out how the organization's secretaries can access this feature. the presidents and counselors can see it but not the secretaries. to me, that doesn't make sense since the secretaries have the responsibility for record keeping. I would really like the secretaries of the Young Women classes and the Aaronic Priesthood quorums to be able to access this feature as well.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I would really like the secretaries of the Young Women classes and the Aaronic Priesthood quorums to be able to access this feature as well.
You're not alone, there's a few threads essentially covering this same topic, and at this point it's not possible for youth secretaries to do. I'd point you to viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38441&p=221968&hi ... es#p221968. My takeaway is that nobody on the Forum is aware of what the Church's plan might be regarding this (namely, if it's an oversight, or a work-in-progress, or something that won't be done). So we're all in the same boat, doing the extra steps the current implementation requires.
dnorton002

Post by dnorton002 »

I use to be able to record attendance, and now that ability has disappeared. I'm running Apple iPhone XR with latest IOS. I'm the Bishop, so permissions shouldn't be an issue. I've tried signing out and then back in, and manually updating.
idhawkdrvr

Post by idhawkdrvr »

Not sure if this is still an issue for folks, but our Ward just figured it out. Reports > Class and Quorum Attendance (3rd Option Down) > Filter (Select which class) > Record Attendance
alfaholic

Post by alfaholic »

It was available on my iPhone XR sometimes, but I haven't seen it in a month or so on the tools app. I've been logging into LCR from the browser and taking attendance that way, but it was easier in the tools app. The sacrament meeting attendance is also stuck in May.
sareid

Post by sareid »

I’m looking to find instructions on taking attendance. How to do it, and who should be doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The who is in General Handbook, 33.5.1.1. There are no published instructions on how to do it. There are topic threads in the forum such as 2021 Recording Attendance Guidelines and discussions earlier in this topic thread that might be helpful. If you have any specific questions then ask and someone with experience can provide guidance.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I’m looking to find instructions on taking attendance.
Another option is to work with your ward clerk, who should be aware of how attendance is currently handled in your ward for each organization. And if you're the ward clerk, you have a stake clerk who is also a local resource (and hopefully you could also ask the previous ward clerk). I also agree that the more specific your question, the more specific your answers here will likely be.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”