Stake access

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
kelliswaner

Re: Stake access

Post by kelliswaner »

Yes, I understand my ‘role’ in training ward presidencies and communicating through them. However, I have also served as a ward young womens president and actually would have appreciated the stake leaders calling on a youth (without my involvement) to say a prayer at a fireside. I also understand the need for youth protection. However, a list of young women names and wards would be nice. I don’t mind going through their parents, but can’t even tell which families have youth. I will continue to go through the stake clerk, which is frequently, since there are frequent additions, moves, and changes.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

While a Stake leader may know enough about some youth to directly call them about offering a prayer, etc, in many cases they are disconnected from where a particular youth is at in their life. I understand how a local leader might appreciate not having to always be included, but I believe it's generally best to have the local leaders be the ones who are recommending which youth the Stake could consider contacting. Having a local youth leader included in that communication flow can help prevent a well-meaning Stake leader from mis-stepping. It may be that a simple prayer is actually not the right thing at the moment for a youth who otherwise appears active and happy, and the local leader is more likely to be able to help the Stake know who would be good for what opportunities (and no Stake leader wants to squash efforts the local ward is making over time with any youth). Having a list is helpful, but having somebody who knows details about youth in the list, should not be overlooked even if it adds complications to an otherwise straightforward process. Just my thoughts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think it's worth pointing out that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. By in large, any restrictions are not developer oversight, but handed down to the developers by the same people behind the Handbook. The forum is not in a position to advocate for change, but perhaps to understand why things are the way they are.

The places to formally request change is the feedback links and the priesthood "chain of command".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”