Calendar 4.0 RS Room double booked

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kellymab

Calendar 4.0 RS Room double booked

Post by kellymab »

First, I'm going to submit this feedback as well.

Tonight when my ward arrived for YW's another ward was in the RS Room with an activity. I have a weekly repeating event where the RS Room is reserved for one of my YW classes. Somehow we were both able to reserve the same room at the same time.

Has anyone encountered this yet? Anyone else having issues with double bookings?

99E1BED9-0653-4165-9F1D-1AF976C11B32.jpeg
66A98427-BFBF-41AA-8907-E2D391398126.jpeg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar 4.0 RS Room double booked

Post by russellhltn »

That's a problem. I'd think this is a bug for whatever calendar was in use when the second activity was scheduled. Do you know when that was?

There's a possibility that bug has already been discovered and fixed but the errors are still in the database.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Yes known issue programmers are working on. I have had same issue 3 times and have encouraged
unit building schedulers to carefully keep an eye on their calendars for such problems. All 3 of mine
were issues that involved large stake events luckily in the future. So thus, the importance of
calendar oversight.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

Ugh! This just happened to me again! Only this time when I looked at my event settings that was there first, it deleted mine and kept the one the stake executive secretary made months later. 😖
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Yes, this has been a problem, I reported as well about a month ago - This is so crazy
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
mrbitsch

Post by mrbitsch »

Still a problem, just happened to us with reservations for setting up for stake conference. Building reservations don't seem to go beyond the specific calendar they were made under. So you can reserve a room/building under the stake calendar, and then a ward can reserve the same room/building under their ward calendar as well. Or EQ can reserve, and the RS can reserve the same, etc. :roll:
casper684

Post by casper684 »

Only one organization may reserve a room. Only way around this is to have others (after the first one) reserve by using the OTHER selection and in the Location Description just putting the name of the room. Hard one for people to understand but the only way to work around it. This way can go on many different calendars but only one organization takes ownership of the actual room itself.

Return to “Calendar”