Temple appointment scheduling alert option

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
gsagers

Temple appointment scheduling alert option

Post by gsagers »

I also submitted this via the feedback link from the main temple scheduling page, but thought I'd post it here for some discussion.

I was talking to our temple workers this past week, and they mentioned there are often baptismal cancellations for later evening appointments, that don't get filled because they're cancelled same-day. It would be really nice, and improve utilization, if there was an option on the scheduling page to allow a member to choose to be notified if there is a cancellation at their temple for certain dates/times/ordinances. This would allow them to schedule, or know that there was walk-in capacity. Of course, this is of most use to those living close to a temple, and a "miles" option could even be added that would calculate from member's address to the temple, but that may not really be worth doing. It seems like a simple enough coding change, but could result in lots of emails being sent.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Temple appointment scheduling alert option

Post by rmrichesjr »

Because this is a user-to-user discussion forum, nobody here will be able to do anything about your very good suggestion. Rather than sending mass broadcast notifications to all members within a given radius, I suspect it would be more useful for members to opt in to a 'standby list'.

I would guess the most effective way to get that functionality considered by the decision makers would be for temple president(s) to request it.

Return to “Main Church Website”