Invalid Routing Number for Schwab Bank

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
alan.xenos

Invalid Routing Number for Schwab Bank

Post by alan.xenos »

Happy Sunday, all.

I've switched my main checking account from a local credit union to Schwab. When I attempt to add the account to the tithing portal, it kicks back "Invalid Routing Number" - this routing number is the one Schwab tells me to use, and my other services (credit card bill pay, etc) seem to accept it with no problem. It comes back valid on the ABA site lookup, as well:
Endpoint_Agent_Tray_5eaGZFfLQF.png
Tried on my PC (Windows 10, Edge latest) and my iPad (iPad Pro, iOS latest, Safari). No ad blockers, etc in use. Any ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Invalid Routing Number for Schwab Bank

Post by jdlessley »

ABA routing numbers encompass all routing numbers, including ACH (Automated Clearing House). That means all ACH routing numbers are technically ABA routing numbers, though your bank may have a special ACH routing number for electronic transfers. Not all ABA routing numbers are ACH routing numbers, but some are. If you are not certain, or run into an issue with the routing number entered into the system, then contact your bank and tell them what you are trying to do. I did a quick Internet search for Charles Schwab Bank, aka Schwab Bank, and found several routing numbers for Schwab bank depending on what was searched. I even found a Schwab Bank form to enroll for electronic funds transfer, a pretty good indicator there is another routing number for ACH transactions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
alan.xenos

Re: Invalid Routing Number for Schwab Bank

Post by alan.xenos »

Thanks for the reply. I have opened an inquiry with Schwab about this. I figured it would be the same routing number as other ACH transactions (direct deposit, inter-bank transfers, etc), but perhaps not.

Return to “Online Donations”