Cannot login to lds tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
knger1

Re: Cannot login to lds tools

Post by knger1 »

I also all of a sudden cannot login to LDS Tools, or Member Tools. It says my password is wrong, but it is. I changed it, and waited awhile and tried again, and still the same. I don't have any special characters or anything in the password.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

knger1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:28 pm I also all of a sudden cannot login to LDS Tools, or Member Tools. It says my password is wrong, but it is. I changed it, and waited awhile and tried again, and still the same. I don't have any special characters or anything in the password.
Did you turn on Two Factor Authentication?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
romero3232

Post by romero3232 »

I'm having the same problem with the tools app.
I can sign in online, but not with the tools app.
Recently I was called to serve a service mission and two step authentication was turned on.
Now I can't use the tools app.
romero3232

Post by romero3232 »

About 30 minutes after posting this message, the app let me login.
IFollowHim

Post by IFollowHim »

My Church account and my Tools account are linked, and I cannot access LDS Tools on my SamsungA452 phone. I thought it was because I had mistakenly given Tools the same username as my Church account (different passwords). I went into to my Church account and changed my user name. When I tried signing into Tools, it did the same thing as before...it took me directly to my Church account. I read through the suggestions, but didn't see anything that spoke directly to my problem. Can you help? I have deleted and reinstalled the app, but that did nothing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

IFollowHim wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 am My Church account and my Tools account are linked, and I cannot access LDS Tools on my SamsungA452 phone. I thought it was because I had mistakenly given Tools the same username as my Church account (different passwords). I went into to my Church account and changed my user name. When I tried signing into Tools, it did the same thing as before...it took me directly to my Church account.
There is no separate tools account. You can have multiple church accounts, but only one can have your Membership Record Number connected with it. The one with the MRN is the only one that will work with Member Tools. It's the MRN that's the key to determining what ward you're in and what you should see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
llundgre

Post by llundgre »

Id is correct, password is correct.
App: try another way to sign in two step verification

and a back button
I only have one way.
[contact information removed]

[Moderator edit: Removed contact information since this is a publicly-visible user-to-user discussion forum.
av8rbum

Post by av8rbum »

I had the same problem…password I use on LDS websites stopped working for LDS Tools app and scriptures app. After going on the church website, go to account settings, and turn off two factor Authentication. Everything works now.

Return to “Member Tools”