Font used in Gen. Conference speaker name overlays (NOT Church logo)

Virtual visits, Multi-Stake conferences, Priesthood Leadership Conferences, Church Leadership Conferences
chrissv

Font used in Gen. Conference speaker name overlays (NOT Church logo)

Post by chrissv »

Our stake is large enough that for Stake Conferences we have a satellite location in the stake, and we successfully relay the stake conference to those members.
We want to start putting text overlays of the speaker names, similar to how they do during general conference (the software we use supports this out of the box).

The question came up as to what font is used during general conference when the speaker names are displayed. We want to use the same font (since it is easy to see on the video stream).

Does anyone know what the font is for speaker names, or one close enough?

Thanks,

Steven
caillines

Re: Font used in Gen. Conference speaker name overlays (NOT Church logo)

Post by caillines »

It might be that the blue background behind the speaker name is more of an assistance than the font itself, but anyway.

Pasting a screenshot into whatthefont shows Baskerville looking to be close for the speaker name, but I expect any decent serif font would work ok.
The calling is a different font, any decent sans-serif font would probably work ok.

If it was me, I'd just run a private stream and test different fonts until you find one that suits you. Your pulpit is probably a lot messier than the conference centre one and might need overlays to be arranged differently.
wgotzmann

Re: Font used in Gen. Conference speaker name overlays (NOT Church logo)

Post by wgotzmann »

I realize this is older - not sure if it was answered -
I have recently added name over-layes - using OBS. The font is not the most important issue, adding a back ground with a semi-trasparent color makes the difference. I have used Arial for Titles and something like Adobe - Arabic for the Names - These are close

Testing this to fine tune

Hope this helps

Return to “Stake Conference with Remote Participants”