Calendar 4.0 released

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
james.gurr@missionary.org

Re: Calendar 4.0 released

Post by james.gurr@missionary.org »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:59 pm See the threads Calendar 4.0 released and how to sync ward calendar into google calendar for more up to date information. At post #136, on 9 Feb 2023, in the first thread and in post #40 of the second thread there was an announcement that the calendar sync had been restored. If you are trying to use old links, prior to Calendar 4.0, then the sync will not work. A new link will be required. Since there is continued work on Calendar 4.0 there may be temporary problems or outages. Sync links may need to be re-established.
I teach them correct principles and they govern themselves. - Joseph Smith
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

lajackson wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:10 am
peparsons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:24 am The Member Tools app is OK, but it only sees 2 months into the future.
That is the default setting. In Member Tools, go to Settings. Under Calendar there is an option called Months to Show. Set it for 12 months and you will see almost the whole year ahead. You can choose 6 months if you do not want the whole year. The default is 3 months, which shows the past month and two months ahead.

The calendar months to show setting usually sticks with an update, but occasionally it reverts to the shorter time and you would then have to reset it.
That's useful. Thanks for that explanation.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

caillines wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:23 pm One thing to be aware of with sync.
All day events in the "Churchwide Events" calendar are midnight-midnight Utah time, so will appear as such on your synched calendars. This issue does not appear to happen on the web version of the calendar, but does happen in the member-tools calendar.

To see if you're affected by this, have a look at how Easter Sunday appears in your various calendars.
I agree it syncs midnight to midnight, but it seems to be local time not Utah time. I'm in the UK and the times are fine.
However, I agree that all-day events should sync as all-day events rather than midnight to midnight events. For now, it's good enough for me.

Since I've been asking for this feature to be restored, I'd like to to say a big thank you to those involved in getting synching working again. It makes a big difference to me.
I particularly like the way I can create subsets of calendars with their own URL. That's an enhancement I didn't expect.

Paul
caillines

Post by caillines »

peparsons wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:49 am I agree it syncs midnight to midnight, but it seems to be local time not Utah time. I'm in the UK and the times are fine.
Interesting. I'm still having the church's "easter" event start at 4pm here (on my iPhone). I wonder if there is some combination of messy configurations along the way that are causing issues.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

It looks to me as though there's a bug with the syncing of multi-day events.
We use the private stake presidency calendar to record when we're away on holiday. We've done this by entering holidays as all-day events from the first day to the last day.
When it syncs (Google calendar and on iPhone), it only shows the first day of the holiday.
I've changed it to an all-day repeating event.
I don't know yet whether this works, as Google hasn't decided to sync yet. But I've hopeful this will be a workaround.

Paul
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

peparsons wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:38 am It looks to me as though there's a bug with the syncing of multi-day events.
We use the private stake presidency calendar to record when we're away on holiday. We've done this by entering holidays as all-day events from the first day to the last day.
When it syncs (Google calendar and on iPhone), it only shows the first day of the holiday.
I've changed it to an all-day repeating event.
I don't know yet whether this works, as Google hasn't decided to sync yet. But I've hopeful this will be a workaround.

Paul
I can confirm that adding single day all-day events and making them repeat until a specified date does sync properly into Google calendar.
zachgibson

Post by zachgibson »

Does anyone know how we can assist members who after this release are receiving notifications from a stake calendar to which they have not subscribed or no longer want notifications? It doesn't appear that there are settings anywhere for notifications and subscriptions to be changed any longer.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zachgibson wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:47 pm Does anyone know how we can assist members who after this release are receiving notifications from a stake calendar to which they have not subscribed or no longer want notifications? It doesn't appear that there are settings anywhere for notifications and subscriptions to be changed any longer.
They'll need to use the floating "Feedback" tab on the website.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Dale.Rex

Post by Dale.Rex »

Any updates on when we can create/manage calendars with a restricted view again? New bishopric just put in and wanting to set up some custom calendars to manage interviews so they aren't visible to the ward at large - "Sister Smith - extend RS President calling" doesn't sit well on the everyone thread ;)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Dale.Rex wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:06 pm Any updates on when we can create/manage calendars with a restricted view again?
No time lines. This is pretty normal for church projects

For now, you can use the floating "feedback" tab on the website to submit needed changes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”