Households Missing from Member Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jacobcbell

Households Missing from Member Tools

Post by jacobcbell »

There are a few members' households in my ward that are missing from everyone's Member Tools app (Android and iOS). I am the ward clerk and I can see members that have set their visibility to "Private" (and I can see several records that have been set to private in my ward), so I can confirm that this is not the cause of the issue. The members of the problem accounts have active callings, and they are visible in LCR and LCRFFE. Again, this is an issue where everyone in the unit cannot see them, but I've also tried resyncing my app (just in case). No change. Does anyone have any ideas?
lucashugh82

Re: Households Missing from Member Tools

Post by lucashugh82 »

I am having the same issue in my ward as well..
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of thoughts? Are these out-of-unit members by chance?

Something else you can try is log out and log back in. That seems to fix a number of issues. I think a "sync" only does an "update" while the login/logout does a full download.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:40 pm Something else you can try is log out and log back in. That seems to fix a number of issues. I think a "sync" only does an "update" while the login/logout does a full download.
There is also a refresh data option under settings that it does a full download. I'm on the Android version.
jacobcbell

Post by jacobcbell »

No, none of these are out-of-unit members; one of them is even the prior bishop's household that's not showing up. Yes, I've tried signing out then back in. I have gone as far as reinstalling the app completely, and I've even installed it fresh on another device that's never had Member Tools on it before. Same issue.
MLunt1

Post by MLunt1 »

I am also having this same issue in my ward/stake records - complete household missing in tools. I've deleted the app and downloaded it again and they are still missing.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

The first post in this thread says it has been confirmed that at least that ward's hidden households do _not_ have privacy set in a way that would account for those households not being visible. It might be good to have some additional witnesses that other wards are seeing something not explainable by privacy settings. Is there any possibility that there's a bug somewhere in the software chain that is erroneously behaving as if the households have restrictive privacy settings?
jacobcbell

Post by jacobcbell »

I've confirmed that the members themselves cannot see their own household in Member Tools either. This does not sound like a privacy issue at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would send feedback via the app. That's the best way to reach the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stevenamorrison

Post by stevenamorrison »

rmrichesjr wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:54 pm The first post in this thread says it has been confirmed that at least that ward's hidden households do _not_ have privacy set in a way that would account for those households not being visible. It might be good to have some additional witnesses that other wards are seeing something not explainable by privacy settings. Is there any possibility that there's a bug somewhere in the software chain that is erroneously behaving as if the households have restrictive privacy settings?
This is occurring in my ward as well. It is affecting families with and without privacy settings enabled. I can see myself in the ward directory on the website, but not in Member Tools. I still have access to features and reports related to my calling, but am not showing up when I look or when other members of the ward look.

Return to “Member Tools”