Version 6 Home section - big thumbs down

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
bcox311

Re: Version 6 Home section - big thumbs down

Post by bcox311 »

I am experiencing this too, on my Galaxy S22. Most of the time when I open the app and go to one of my open pages it just goes to the home screen. It's very frustrating.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

bcox311 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:53 pm I am experiencing this too, on my Galaxy S22. Most of the time when I open the app and go to one of my open pages it just goes to the home screen. It's very frustrating.
Have you submitted feedback via the app on your device? Feedback from within the app on your device will also provide OS information so they can attempt to recreate what you are seeing. Posting here will help if others have solved your specific problem and they happen to see your post, but may not get your issue in front of the developers.
stanleygorman

Post by stanleygorman »

Same problem, when switching to another screen. The Android screen flashes a few times and then it goes to home. If I have 6 screens on the screen switcher and I try to open them I end up with 6 home screens.
nicoledw

Post by nicoledw »

I'm still having this same problem, and am frustrated it hasn't been fixed.

I have discovered however that it only happens when my app is set to dark mode (black background). If it's on system default, it works better. This is a bummer, since I mostly read at night and the white background is much brighter. Any hope of a fix IT team?
Last edited by nicoledw on Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Any hope of a fix IT team?
As mentioned previously, the "IT team" does not frequent this Forum (at least, not that any of us Forum members are aware of), the primary usage of this Forum is member-to-member help and discussion. The only way to get an issue into the Church's system is to submit Feedback, either via the App or any Church webpage (for example, there's a "Feedback" button at the very bottom of the page I'm currently typing this response into). Unfortunately, regular members like ourselves have no control over, or even awareness of, the priorities or timelines that the Church's IT department has for resolving bugs like this.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”