Access denied to temple prayer roll

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kristjang

Access denied to temple prayer roll

Post by kristjang »

We have some members in our branch who would like to submit names to the temple prayer roll. However, they get access denied if they try to access the link (despite being logged in).
My assumption is that the page is only available to endowed members, but I just wanted to get clarification on that.

Also, if this is indeed the case, then I just wanted to let know that this isn't great from a UX perspective. It would be better for users to receive some feedback as to why they can't use a certain feature, rather than just a big red text stating "Access Denied".
drepouille

Re: Access denied to temple prayer roll

Post by drepouille »

Can those people see the ward directory or calendar on the web site?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
cliffhanks

Post by cliffhanks »

I am a member and I am logged in and I get a "page not found" error. I am using the link provided (in my case on the Seattle Temple website). This has been happening for several weeks. Have they shut it down and just not removed the links?
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

What happens when you visit this link? It works for me.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/temples/prayer-roll
mevans

Post by mevans »

kristjang wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:21 am We have some members in our branch who would like to submit names to the temple prayer roll. However, they get access denied if they try to access the link (despite being logged in).
My assumption is that the page is only available to endowed members, but I just wanted to get clarification on that.
I just tested it and it works fine for me. I tried more than one temple. I also tried logging in as one of my children (oops, I'm probably violating the click-through user agreement). The child has a proxy baptism & confirmation recommend. The temple prayer list page came up just fine, so it doesn't seem to be related to whether or not the person is endowed. Another use case I cannot test is someone without a current recommend of any sort.

An unfortunate, but frequent problem on church websites is old browser data/cookies causing problems. Try having the members with problems clear all their browser data or logging in through a private browsing session to see if that solves the problem.
Swainseye10

Re: There seems to be a problem

Post by Swainseye10 »

I keep getting the message, "There seems to be a problem"

No matter which Temple I access the message is the same. It just won't let me submit names.

Thanks. ..
davesudweeks

Re: There seems to be a problem

Post by davesudweeks »

Swainseye10 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:32 am I keep getting the message, "There seems to be a problem"

No matter which Temple I access the message is the same. It just won't let me submit names.

Thanks. ..
Have you tried the suggestion in the last paragraph before your post?
ylarsen

Post by ylarsen »

When trying to submit names on a prayer roll to the temple it keeps giving me an error so I’m unable to submit who and where can I go to fix this?
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

ylarsen wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:00 pm When trying to submit names on a prayer roll to the temple it keeps giving me an error so I’m unable to submit who and where can I go to fix this?
Use the "Feedback" link on the bottom of the page.

I would suggest you try an incognito window first. If that works then try clearing cookies in your browser and see if that fixes the issue.

Return to “Main Church Website”