Member Tools App Login Error - SOLVED

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
JLopez213

Re: Member Tools App Login Error - SOLVED

Post by JLopez213 »

BACKGROUND APP REFRESH is the answer!

You’re a genius. You should work for the church IT department lol.
djnelson1

Post by djnelson1 »

Still not working for me….changed password to 12 digits, background refresh on, deleted/reinstalled….powered down phone…..nothing works……can’t login to Member Tools or Gospel Library app…..wrong password error…..but can log in to website
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

djnelson1 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:50 am but can log in to website
What can you access on the website? Ward Directory and Map? The Calendar?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
autryld

Post by autryld »

My wife wants to take her old iPad Mini 2 to church instead of her somewhat newer but heavier iPad. Apparently, this old device won't support anything newer than iOS 12.5.7, Gospel Library 5.12.0 and Member Tools 4.3.3 (7535). She can authenticate on Gospel Library but not on Member Tools. She constantly gets "Error Sign-In Failed" on Member Tools. We've confirmed that she's using a good password. Background App refresh is already on.

I'm seeing a lot of "thank you" messages but where is the solution? I hope that changing to a 12 character password is not the fix. That sounds like a government requirement.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

autryld wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:06 pm I'm seeing a lot of "thank you" messages but where is the solution?
Post #1 (12 character password) and Post #9 (enable background refresh).

However due to the age of the app you're running that might be the problem. Security is a constantly moving requirement, and that version may no longer be sufficiently secure to protect other member's personal information. Apple has limits on what can be updated for non-supported systems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
autryld

Post by autryld »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:26 pm Post #1 (12 character password) and Post #9 (enable background refresh).
Thanks for the reply. I saw the reference to 12 character passwords on post #1. However, I didn't see a source reference. Anyway, my wife will have her phone with her so she can use that for Member Tools. I'm sure she's not going to want to have a 12 character password for one app on one device.
SamFife

Post by SamFife »

I’m having this issue too on my iPad. I’ve made sure background refresh is on and my password is 12 characters (was longer before), but still can’t log in. I can log in online and on the iPhone apps, just not Tools or FIR on the iPad.

Any other troubleshooting tips?

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”