Permission to perform ordinances

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
richardmt

Permission to perform ordinances

Post by richardmt »

Question - Is there a specific form for members who are performing ordinances outside of their stake boundaries? Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

richardmt wrote:Question - Is there a specific form for members who are performing ordinances outside of their stake boundaries? Thank you.
Yes. It's called "Recommend to Perform and Ordinance" and you can find a link to it in this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tvwestover

Re: Permission to perform ordinances

Post by tvwestover »

I have requested for permission to do ordinances. How do I find the status of my request ?
BrianEdwards

Re: Permission to perform ordinances

Post by BrianEdwards »

Interestingly, a search in the current Handbook only shows the following:
1) GHB 18.6.1, which is specific to the blessing of children. This states that either a temple recommend or a "Recommend to Perform an Ordinance" may be used
2) GHB 31.2.2, which covers who can interview a member in order to give him a "Recommend to Perform an Ordinance" (if the member does not have a temple recommend)
I would have expected more instruction for the presiding authority (aka Bishop) where the ordinance is being performed, but couldn't find it.
I have requested for permission to do ordinances. How do I find the status of my request?
I assume you mean you asked your Bishop (or his Clerk) for permission, as they are the only ones who can print it out (and the Bishop needs to sign it). Since you need to get a physical copy from them, I'd suggest contacting them directly. That said, if you have a current temple recommend, the permission form appears to be unnecessary.

Return to “Reports and Forms”