Gospel Living' app circles

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
tmills

Re: Gospel Living' app circles

Post by tmills »

Is there a way to create a ward missionary circles group?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jamhall wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:14 pm Here is an odd one. Someone just alerted me that his wife was no longer in the Adult Circle. When I went to check, I noticed that none of the women in the ward are part of the Adult Circle. They have all been removed, except for the RS President, who still shows as an Administrator. Anyone else seeing this in Circles?
Are you an administrator for the Adult circle? If so then every adult member of the ward should appear in either the Adult circle Joined group or the Not Joined group. If you as an administrator do not see any of the sisters in either of these two groups then try signing out of the Gospel Living app, wait a few minutes, and then sign back in. If you still do not see the sisters in either of the Not Joined or Joined groups then there is a bug preventing the app membership data from populating the app. Since the last app update was on 3 February I don't think an app update is the possible cause of sister adult members disappearing. Sending in-app feedback to the developers using the Settings > Send Feedback feature will alert them to a problem.

Edit: Another thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall from the app store the Gospel Living app.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

tmills wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:15 pm Is there a way to create a ward missionary circles group?
Custom circles are not yet available.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jamhall wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:14 pm Here is an odd one. Someone just alerted me that his wife was no longer in the Adult Circle. When I went to check, I noticed that none of the women in the ward are part of the Adult Circle. They have all been removed, except for the RS President, who still shows as an Administrator. Anyone else seeing this in Circles?
No, but what I do see is very few (19) are part of the adult circle. I assume it's because they haven't installed the app.

Another possibility is an admin removed them from the circle - perhaps thinking they were customizing their own view.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrisj2020

Post by chrisj2020 »

Same exact thing happened in our ward today. All RS women disappeared from RS circles. A couple of yw are on there now only??
Zootcapri

Post by Zootcapri »

Is it possible to edit a post (yours)? I only see the ‘delete’ option.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Zootcapri wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:26 am Is it possible to edit a post (yours)? I only see the ‘delete’ option.
There is some ability for a user to edit his/her own post, but there are limits on that ability. If a critical need comes up to make an edit to a post that can't be done by yourself, ask a moderator or administrator to make the edit. If you can't send a PM, prefix a post with "Closed circuit for moderators/administrators" and make a request there.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Zootcapri wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:26 am Is it possible to edit a post (yours)? I only see the ‘delete’ option.
Another option is to delete the post and then post again.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:35 pm Another option is to delete the post and then post again.
I wasn't aware that 'delete' was an option after the time out. It may not be available after a response.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
quadraticking@gmail.com

Post by quadraticking@gmail.com »

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any development on creating circles. I am in a YSA Ward and we have certain committees that are unique to us (Ward Prayer, FHE, Activities, and others). This would be very helpful in these committees having a better knowledge of how to communicate with each other. Thank you!

Robert Gill

Return to “Gospel Living App”